inflatable life jacket

Hey Nedarb2, I have 3 of the 3153's and while none have had to be inflated so far, the one positive thing is that guests on the boat actually wear them..... :D SS

No need for the sailing harness that's just for people who need to be leashed to their boat some sailing races insist that crew wear them.

They are great just get the newest ones with the neoprene collar, they are the most comfortable to wear, especially on those t-shirt days in summer.

What do you guys think of the Mustang Integrity jackets and bib pants..looking at picking up a couple of pairs for the wife and me...

I've got the MD3053 - Love it! Not as bulky as a regular life jacket and you barely know that you're wearing it.

Mustang Integrity Bib Pants - Great for winter fishing with a fleece jacket...you still have great mobility and you stay warm. When it's really cold, the integrity bomber jacket goes on. Both are very comfortable and worth the investment.

hey striper are the MD3153's comfortable? it seems mustang is promoting them for severe wetaher as they have the hydrostaic inflator,
but market the MD3053's for being comfortable for extended wear (has the bobbon that disintegrated when water hits it).

I bought one just before last season, luckly never had to discharge it but i loved it....dont restrict mobility like life jackets do

im not sure about lifespan, a whiel i imagine they dont even need the catridge to be replaced for 5 years

We've got 14 of the 3081 and discharge a couple each year when we change the cartridges just to test them. We have been very happy with them as we have guests wear them at all times and they forget they are wearing them after a few minutes

We decided on the manual inflation ones as I had some concerns about entrapment in/under the boat for guests with auto-inflation models and we go out in some pretty wet weather so was concerned about accidental activations with the earlier model hydorstatic releases.

When these ones need replacing(dues to staining and material fraying from heavy use) I think I'll put the guests in auto inflation models but keep crew ones with manual inflation. If I have to dive under the water to retrieve anything I'm not going to want to have activated it yet and you only get to activate it once.... but if you are unconcious when you hit the water.... so we'll put guests in auto iflate and the less valuable cargo (me) in manual inflates.

Mustang said we should be seeing an inflatable that will be accepted by Transport Canada for small commercial vessels in the not to distant future and in the meantime TC has provided an extension letter allowing the use of the existing inflatables in vessels already equipped with them.

Back