Inboard to outboard conversion 24’Orca Skagit

I was notified that there's no Vancouver boat show this year due to Covid concerns.Probably the same for other shows.

PM me and ill send you the guys name best pod ive seen done in a while , some ive seen on here have major flaws my buddy does it right ...

Hello folks,
seeking some info on a reliable person/ company preferably on southern Vancouver Island that does inboard to outboard conversions and POD installations . I have a 24 foot Orca Skagit (love the boat) and a want to get back to an outboard. Would appreciate any comments
/ info you have on this.
Thanks
Pat
One suggestion, buy your new outboard motor before the conversion. there is an acute shortage of some motors with delivery late 2022 and some in 2023. not all brands but usually Yamaha...……..food for thought

Thanks Randy M. I am happy to say I believe I’ve just secured the last new Suzuki 300 outboard around. I will hold it and now seeking advise on POD and of course,… I have a perfect function VP 5.7 engine and drive (everything from top to bottom)that I Will sell to make room for the conversion. I should get the boat back from the shop today and will hit all the platforms so interested folks can see the engine functioning before dismantling it.

Did you get the Zuk 300dp?? Awesome engine.
I’m the process of podding my SeaSport 22, engine gets hung this week. Some things I’ve realized: there is a lot of work to get your kicker hooked up on a new pod (in my case all new hydraulic steering), whole new dash (in my case all new switches and gps), lots of old crap nobody removes along the way (heater systems, electrical cables) and check everything before you accept it (my pod engine mounting holes should have been drilled before powder coating). Allow for a new diesel heater if you’re already blowing a shitload to pod. Deck space once podded is awesome, so much better than an outboard with an engine well! I went with Jenkins marine in Sooke for pod and would recommend them.

Attachments

• A2A363F4-D6B7-42B3-811F-CFAB41B82950.jpeg
    A2A363F4-D6B7-42B3-811F-CFAB41B82950.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 65
I’m the process of podding my SeaSport 22, engine gets hung this week. Some things I’ve realized: there is a lot of work to get your kicker hooked up on a new pod (in my case all new hydraulic steering), whole new dash (in my case all new switches and gps), lots of old crap nobody removes along the way (heater systems, electrical cables) and check everything before you accept it (my pod engine mounting holes should have been drilled before powder coating). Allow for a new diesel heater if you’re already blowing a shitload to pod. Deck space once podded is awesome, so much better than an outboard with an engine well! I went with Jenkins marine in Sooke for pod and would recommend them.
Nice! Yes, I did get my 300 Suzuki from Breaker marine. Probably the last one in the province. So tomorrow I will put an add out for my inboard and let anyone interested have a look at it installed and fired up. A week from now I will pull it out and get it ready for the POD install. Got some good recommendations from a guy in Pt Albernie who does them for Breaker marine who will also install the motor. I will close up the hole myself. Looking forward to getting this done. Have you test ridden your boat? I reached out to Jenkins but never heard back.

Nice! Yes, I did get my 300 Suzuki from Breaker marine. Probably the last one in the province. So tomorrow I will put an add out for my inboard and let anyone interested have a look at it installed and fired up. A week from now I will pull it out and get it ready for the POD install. Got some good recommendations from a guy in Pt Albernie who does them for Breaker marine who will also install the motor. I will close up the hole myself. Looking forward to getting this done. Have you test ridden your boat? I reached out to Jenkins but never heard back.
Nope, I haven’t gotten the boat back with the new power; I suspect it will be done in a week or so. Very curious to see the speed, handling and economy of inboard vs outboard.

My buddy podded his orca with a 300 Zuk after many engine replacements. Said he should have done it a long time ago. Way more room out back too

Love it but the helm/wheel location is killing my back just looking at it lol after all this re fitting it would be a shame not to mount it on top of the transom and get a nice shiny new wheel.

Back