In Memoriam

We lost more than a brother today. We lost a boss. A mentor to us in the younger generation. A teacher and all that aside, we lost a great human. Steller mechanic.

Here's to Murray Iseli. What a guy.
Lordship marine boss since the one before him.

Rest in peace brother, mentor and a friend

Screenshot_20221229-205107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
We lost more than a brother today. We lost a boss. A mentor to us in the younger generation. A teacher and all that aside, we lost a great human. Steller mechanic.

Here's to Murray Isalie. What a guy.

Lordship marine boss since the one before him.

Rest in peace brother and a friend
Knew him well in my younger days when the shop was on Victoria Drive. Friendly, knowledgeable and was always helpful. Bought my very first 70hp Johnson outboard and 7.5 Evinrude from him way way back in the day.

Dang. i missed this. Had the pleasure of seeing him a few times and i met him once. a real gentleman and what a life he had.

Summer Wages always reminds me of my dad because he was a logger his entire life ; he told me they would come to Vancouver to “blow off some steam” as he called it. this was the 40’s and 50’s. They were in camp for god knows how long. He came out of camp with pockets full of cash; they would drink and dance and gamble and fight, and end up in the slammer and they would do it all over again next time they came back to town.

Ian captures that time perfectly with this song

Bobby Hull

Former Blackhawks great Bobby Hull dies at 84​

The Blackhawks and their fans lost one of the franchise's greatest and most iconic players Monday morning with the passing of legendary forward Bobby Hull.

Laid one of my first Captain's to rest yesterday... Graham Lougher. A natural leader with a contagious laugh, Graham's guiding hand and passion for the fire service truly made anyone lucky enough to have worked alongside him a better person. He was a passionate outdoorsman, a career bachelor, and a mentor to many.

R.I.P. Garth... we got it from here.....

Attachments

• IMG_4597.jpeg
    IMG_4597.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 24
Saddened to find out today that Ken Fletcher, the man who built my Tyee Rowboat, passed away a couple of weeks ago.

I'll miss him around the Tyee Clubhouse as he used to come out most every year and visit.

R.I.P. Ken and thanks for the wonderful boat I've enjoyed so much, shown here on a trout seeking expedition with a rookie rower.

DSCN1080.JPG

Take care.

I’m sorry to say my friend and fishing buddy Rick Berry passed away last night. Rick was an experienced electrician and helped us rewire our Arima Sea Chaser, spending many hours doing so. He helped many others to rewire their boats as well. Here’s a picture of Rick, his son Mike and myself winter spring fishing aboard his boat Arima Therapy.
Tight lines my friend!
IMG_9689.jpeg

I’m sorry to say my friend and fishing buddy Rick Berry passed away last night. Rick was an experienced electrician and helped us rewire our Arima Sea Chaser, spending many hours doing so. He helped many others to rewire their boats as well. Here’s a picture of Rick, his son Mike and myself winter spring fishing aboard his boat Arima Therapy.
Tight lines my friend!
View attachment 92674
Rest in peace Rick

Tight lines my friend!
View attachment 92674

Oh christ. That just sucks. He was an awesome guy.

I knew he was sick but didn't know it turned for worst. Rip buddy.

Past President of the Courtenay Fish and Game, Neil Brodie has passed on. An avid hunter and fisherman, he was also a good guy who did a lot for conservation. He will be missed.

svpEUDTlAuueek2Bvq5CInIJfeB4DWsPkyi28qF0JBC86t2V_u9zr2_gN9McOwOL1-ZMz5EAGPLV_QtRabHesg_zb3_c3bOeaklTcQ7HYFVBjnYJGirGtbiosRii3gYjWeiT7PQpFvDHEUVl4wnfIW0ZJKkX9zhhqFYzi5te83LRhWhatp99_3QbdRnmh_JL6loAfTUHFoZ4_W8_3cMlemfofAW1t0Q=s0-d-e1-ft
PASSING OF LIFE MEMBER

It is with much sadness that the Courtenay and District Fish & Game Protective Association announced the passing of Life Member and a former President, Neil Brodie.

Neil was a member of the Association for approximately 56 years and conservation was his passion. As President in 1990, Neil attended Rideau Hall to receive Canada's Recreational Fisheries Award in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the conservation and enhancement of the recreational fisheries. CDFGPA received the award from the Ministry of Fisheries and Oceans on behalf of the people of Canada.

A Celebration of Life will be held at CDFGPA but date and time will be announced at a later date.
We will advise members.

Below Neil assists other volunteer CDFGPA members on the Trent River.
Ad9TlKuPQxHT0bI0ZBkGuFnx6nbi5Uc_c1h-b-ZbDizQvzRW_VCK9LmZiR1mxEadRhP0-SNLYV0T0A_OsOOdH5eqUGDHt0BA6S5WIiHzvNfWaqQfM4YChh3psEJNT5LMwW-A2m5pb6IbJum0_6dfu-wxcynDSkTW7obMXLMjnrVsvddLMOProg6IH90ENo_gCv2bPdF2va75ca1bP0cN8dFnyVfelnU_88yZgErAiQzeqA=s0-d-e1-ft
KRvP0VoMb9-eGD-yJypfHG1zVlVu7yakyfgoAKJ0Lri6cULbnjs4hjSOxkQ0h2Ltl8p7eedYvrWS3cqcyy1F5AdPwG00xQvfeuKxgoRCMOgV5PkKB6SryZE_OH1jAh42HUNs1Nbv-xiCZ8xgdMjKrne35fYbSgiarI9MJtd02qvSghzkQx59tA_VKTJRGO0G57NOqRIRj5tITXW3f47VBA9RhyyT-F1eSJHC_j2torzJ9sFPvQIFcVv17wbqchmL66r4QqXLLsXeELfc16s=s0-d-e1-ft

Ron Triggs , “Doubleheader” call sign , passed away December 22, 2023.

Ron was well known to many of us fishermen. Resident of Port Coquitlam as well as a summer resident in Otter Point for years. Ron taught me many things related to fishing, work, life, and family. It was a pleasure to know him and count him as a friend.

A mutual friend described him as a legendary fisherman. I believe he was. I also worked with Ron in sales for years and he was a legend in our company.

Vern was my cannonball guy, so as you can imagine, I got to know him very well! I paid off his house and sent him on numerous luxury vacations.

In all seriousness, everytime I went to his place we had a nice talk, I’d help him move something heavy and we’d enjoy his nice farm view.

RIP VERN!

Back