I'm bored.......

Lipripper

The kids go back to school on Tuesday.... As well Labour Day typically signifies the end of summer even though there is lots lots of nice weather comin up

Mrs Lippy and I had a day of no kids.. We decided to have a quickey (Day trip.... you pervs) ;)

The seasons are turning, the salmon are heading to the rivers. It is time to change hats.

It has been a fantastic year on the chuck and I have been too busy fishin to make reports. We decided to go for the change up

Cutty's.........

But first I will tell the journey of the way up to Renny. We left early and by the time we hit Loss Creek the Mrs. had to pee..... She got out as well as I to check the trailer/boat after a couple good jumps.
She says "That is gunna be flat soon"........... "Yup" I says....

One of those square nails, the ones that you use when putting wiring into studs when building a house... Right through the side wall...... bad.

Spare was flat too....Bad.

The spare had just enough air to keep the bead from splitting and the rim off the pavement..... We limped it to to Renny.

It was 7 by the time we rolled in... We blindly rode through town and just past the general store there is a trailer.... with people out side! "Do you have a pump I ask"....A little small talk later I pump up the spare (on the truck) up with a cig lighter pump.... We rollin..
Go to dump the boat....... By this time I am fishin no matter what... Wheres the plug?............. Still don't know where it is... It got rammed with a stick.... Did not leak

We are off

[zrOA7dLyZlM] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrOA7dLyZlM

We putted up this way.

IMG_1623.jpg

It was a GORGEOUS morning....

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

Cutts jumpin everywhere

We kept going.......

IMG_1588.jpg

We have had some action by now...... That was trumped by the surroundings....

IMG_1596.jpg

That action was furious...... Caught a tonne of..... (good fun on the 4wt)

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Ever seen one with a green stripe:confused: :p

IMG_1655.jpg

This was a fantastic spot...

IMG_1639.jpg

The Mrs. figured out reflections today.... She was amazed :rolleyes:

These mess with my head......

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

After all the morning fun it was time for lunch.....
We pulled up right here...

IMG_1643.jpg

An ate....

IMG_1645.jpg

It Started to cloud over....

IMG_1651.jpg

It didn't last long

After lunch we caught a bunch more of these.....

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Even caught a............

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

We saw a nice little group of fresh Ho's up there......... More Cutties than I would like to count.... A tonne of springs... Many nature type crap things :p

It didn't suck to look at.................

IMG_1634.jpg

all day....

The coolest thing I saw though was.................

IMG_1672-1.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Yous saw it here second.......

To Summer!

P.S.... this was years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet sturg sighting... The nephew of the Cowie monster undoubtedlty. Great post. Here's to better fishing for all in the coming seasons.

Wow! Seeing that sturgeon must have been an amazing experience.What’s the story there? Do they do their whole life cycle in that river? Do they do any ocean time? I remember a picture from a few years back of one found dead along the Sooke River.
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great day.

Just spent a few hours tying this morning. Then came on here to see this. Now I need to go tie again. Danm you Lippy. We shall hit those little buggers soon!

-KK

Saw a sturgeon in the briny river mix on the west coast too in August, don't know much about them, they live in there like cutts, or do they spawn in the summer?

Awesome pic's. That was quite the discovery for sure. Wild seeing and getting photos of that sturgeon!!!! Cool.

I heard some rumor's of someone catching a sailfish of the WCVI, but have yet to see any photo's of it. Probably just a rumor and never happened.

Awesome pic's. That was quite the discovery for sure. Wild seeing and getting photos of that sturgeon!!!! Cool.

I heard some rumor's of someone catching a sailfish of the WCVI, but have yet to see any photo's of it. Probably just a rumor and never happened.

I've seen pictures of a dorado caught from a Canadian albacore boat... I think it was caught a little bit south of Canadian waters but close enough to at least give a Canadian tuna sporty some hope, it is possible lol ....... Maybe. :cool:

I would guess that Sailfish was a rumor. Now marlin, mahi, swords and other tuna are definitely a possibility. Having researched the possibilities for wcvi billfish extensively, the temps required for sails is something I wouldn't ever want to see, would spell the end of salmon me thinks. But who knows.....

Back