Hughes Craft 2011 180 Sea Runner

Cannuck21

Boat arrived on Thursday 27th Feb 2020. Really good condition and am looking forward to testing it as soon as we get some better weather.
Plan is to explore and fish the east coat of Vancouver Island. Tow with my 4 Runner plus a roof top tent....(well that's the plan for the moment). Any suggestions as to good camping and launch places would be greatly appreciated.
The two power units are a Yamaha F 115 (320 hours) and a Yamaha 9.9.
Many thanks to Carie Ann Stephenson at Hughes Marine for her really professional help - greatly appreciated!

1-1-DSC_9034.JPG

Looks great! Have you considered kitting out the boat to sleep in it? maybe beach it on a small island?

I just bought a 18ft silverstreak so we are in about the same sized boat!

Looks great! Have you considered kitting out the boat to sleep in it? maybe beach it on a small island?

Many thanks for your comment. Not sure about sleeping on the boat as it seems too small for two people (my wife is with me :)) But yep, am just seriously starting to explore places to camp - where we can run the boat onto a small beach or tie up somewhere. If you know of a thread that suggests good places / islands off the east coast then would be hugely grateful!

Wallace Island near Chemainus is an interesting island to explore - about a 40 minute run from the launch in ladysmith in protected waters. The Gulf Islands literally have hundreds of little coves and islands to explore. Have fun with the new boat!

Back