How to Tie a Leader to your line

• Thread starter Thread starter Dude
  • Start date Start date
D

Dude

Im a total Noob at this Salmon Fishing thing and this year ive gona to campbell river to catch many pinks for the first time that was aweeeesome!! but now i want to try my luck for the Sockeye in the Fraser....my question is How the hell do i tie the leader to my line?? do i use a swivle?? or do i actually tie the line?? i tried youtubing it but it didnt help much. I also have a rod with 12lb line how many Pound Leader should i be using?? O and i assume you use bare hooks and just flosss em?? thanks in advance [8D]

What about my 12LB line?? could i put on a leader for like 15lb and it would be ok or do i need to get a heavier line?

Your 12 lb line should be fine. I am not sure you want to floss the pinks. Just throw spoons and spinners and get them to take the lure. Something pink like a pixie or a croc. Tie a snap swivel to the end of your line and then just clip on your lure. You don't want a lighter leader...

I would recomend 15lb line, it helps with snags so you just snap off the leader, dont ever just use bare hooks, DFO or conservation oc will bust you for doing that, although everyone of us floss them, try not to make it look like it. Always use a swivel to attach your mainline to your swivel, it prevents line twist. Go grab some pencil lead, if your not using swivels then you must be using split shot, i find pencil lead works for me better, just an option, split shot might work for you better, just ask your local tackle shop for some pencil lead.

Back