How much salt water in the fraser river

JAC

Hi Everyone

I was wondering how much salt is in the water at the Fort Langley Boat Launch.

Thanks
JAC

No barnacles in Steveston been there a lot of years or LadnerI think theres maybe to much silt for them to survive .As far as saltwater on a flood tide in Ladner Im fairly sure theres maybe 20% salt and depends on the time of year thats also the Reason I left my boats in Ladner no barnacles on the bottom

No barnacles in Steveston been there a lot of years or LadnerI think theres maybe to much silt for them to survive .As far as saltwater on a flood tide in Ladner Im fairly sure theres maybe 20% salt and depends on the time of year thats also the Reason I left my boats in Ladner no barnacles on the bottom

The salt water apperently forms a wedge under the fresh water for a ways up river as the tide floods. As salt water is denser, the fresh water floats on it and it would be unlikely there would be much if any salt in the surface water. Just what I've heard....

The salt water apperently forms a wedge under the fresh water for a ways up river as the tide floods. As salt water is denser, the fresh water floats on it and it would be unlikely there would be much if any salt in the surface water. Just what I've heard....

I was just wondering because my straps on my trailer don't do well in salt water..

I was just wondering because my straps on my trailer don't do well in salt water..

I lived in Chilliwack until I was 22 loaded and unloaded all the way to Tswassen and over to N.Van...as long as you wash the boat and trailer evry time thoughly your good to go.

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I lived in Chilliwack until I was 22 loaded and unloaded all the way to Tswassen and over to N.Van...as long as you wash the boat and trailer evry time thoughly your good to go.

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I launch out of Ladner regularly and have spent a lot of time hunting out there. I never noticed any toll on my boat or trailer from the salt in the river. But you do need to oil your shotgun down after each use in the marsh around ladner. To much fresh water around ladner for Barnacles but definetly big tide swings.

Not to change the topic but i heard the chinese are catching herring in Steveston of the beach?

quote:Originally posted by Jimmy

I launch out of Ladner regularly and have spent a lot of time hunting out there. I never noticed any toll on my boat or trailer from the salt in the river. But you do need to oil your shotgun down after each use in the marsh around ladner. To much fresh water around ladner for Barnacles but definetly big tide swings.

Not to change the topic but i heard the chinese are catching herring in Steveston of the beach?

Herring or Eulachon? What is left of the oolie run should be showing up right around now!

Mike

Heard that too about 3 weeks ago.MMmmmm wondering if herring is the new sturgeon bait?[:p]

Thanks for that thought Derby!.......[}:)]

That is all I need to have to add some other bait to the freezer!

I think we all should have a couple different types of baits in our freezer.[:p]I did fish herring & anchovy's in the lower Fraser a number of years ago for sturgeon without any or very little success. Pretty tough to beat a good quality Hooligan:D

quote:Originally posted by Derby

I think we all should have a couple different types of baits in our freezer.[:p]I did fish herring & anchovy's in the lower Fraser a number of years ago for sturgeon without any or very little success. Pretty tough to beat a good quality Hooligan:D

your a funny man.......:D

Back