How do you adjust your heading? Lowrance HDS12

Rain City

Crew Member
My heading (the triangle) all of a sudden is sitting 90 degrees to my course. All my radar overlay has followed suit. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

Check to make sure you did not put something magnetic near the Point-1 heading sensor (small white Lowrance puck). Even inside the cabin of the boat, a large magnet underneath the location of the roof mounted sensor can impact it.

You can disable the point-1 antenna and use the internal GPS receiver within the unit through the settings menu. This will disable your radar overlay, but will help you diagnose if it is a minor setting that needs to be adjusted, or a problem with your Point-1 heading sensor.

Check to make sure you did not put something magnetic near the Point-1 heading sensor (small white Lowrance puck). Even inside the cabin of the boat, a large magnet underneath the location of the roof mounted sensor can impact it.

You can disable the point-1 antenna and use the internal GPS receiver within the unit through the settings menu. This will disable your radar overlay, but will help you diagnose if it is a minor setting that needs to be adjusted, or a problem with your Point-1 heading sensor.
So I'm guessing this might be the problem then? Makes sense as to why it's intermittent. Those speakers aren't always installed.
20210806_081252.jpg

this is why i got rid of the magnetic heading sensor on my boat. get a simrad HS60 DGPS heading sensor and you dont have to worry about magnetic interference since it uses differential GPS.

this is why i got rid of the magnetic heading sensor on my boat. get a simrad HS60 DGPS heading sensor and you dont have to worry about magnetic interference since it uses differential GPS.
You can mix brands like that?

lowrance, simrad and b&g are the same company. no mixing of brands.
i have a b&g zeus2 12" and simrad evo2 7" on my helm. same company means same hardware and they talk to each other fine. i also have a lowrance transducer and simrad HS60 and a lowrance halo 20+ radar which talks to everything fine.

Back