Honda BF15A Pilot Screw - How do I get this damn thing out?

Decks

This is on a '97 BF15A. Is there a trick to getting this thing out in order to adjust it? I'm assuming I need a 'special' ($100's of dollars) tool from Honda to do it?

BF15A carb pilot screw.jpg

from iboats ' "screw the pilot screw all the way in and then unscrew 1.5 full turns" (best when motor is warm)'

also they need clean, filtered fuel and it helps to empty the bowl daily. I have the same motor and it will run great for days, then start to stall at idle if the carb gets bunged up. Don't know how to get that screw out.

from iboats ' "screw the pilot screw all the way in and then unscrew 1.5 full turns" (best when motor is warm)'

also they need clean, filtered fuel and it helps to empty the bowl daily. I have the same motor and it will run great for days, then start to stall at idle if the carb gets bunged up. Don't know how to get that screw out.

Because of the little nub thing on the side I can't actually screw it more than about 45 degrees each way. I do run mine out of fuel each time I use it and it runs pretty good with a tuned carb. I'm replacing gaskets and want to do this one as well, plus it doesn't seem to actually be adjuted whatsoever..

Back