Hi from australias top end

• Thread starter Thread starter kimberly curt
  • Start date Start date
K

kimberly curt

Hi guys and gals.

Just joined up the forum all the way from australia,s top end. Any how i am basiclly trying to do sum research and chasing sum tips from you local gurus sum fishing in your home land. I am a die hard sport fisherman or any kind fishing to be honest. Any how i am flying into bc at end july and am after sum general advice on guides to land one of your mighty sturgeon or maybe chase sum your other salmon. Any how if any one can surjest a good guiding buisness or any other advice it will be greatly appreciated.

As i have not contributed any thing to your forum and am asking for bit of advise, i will threw up few pics of sum of my local fishing. hope you enjoy, and cheers if you can offer any advise.

regards curt

local croc

030.jpg

turtle i accidently hooked casting lures

022-2.jpg

barramundie my fav aussie fish

028-2-1.jpg

PB160095.jpg

what area of BC are you planning on, makes a big difference in which direction/guide to point you

As far as your sturgeon catch, I would only recommend STS Fishing Charters (they also do saltwater salmon/halibut/cod fishing). They have been working the Fraser for a many few years and are one of the top guides on the River.

http://www.guidebc.com/
Vic Carrao is the man you want to speak with.

If you would like to send me a PM, I live right on the Fraser and your trip will parallel the summer salmon runs of Spring (also known as Chinook, King salmon) and Sockeye (also known as Red Salmon), I would be happy to offer some further advice!

-FB-

Hey Curt, recently came back from your neck of the woods (holiday in Sydney and then Margaret River to Augusta area) -
sweet barramundi - that was good eats (not like our halibut, but still good eats!).

Sturgeon stuff I'll leave for others, but as said, for salmon, we'd need more information as to where you are going, when you are going, and what kind of waters you want to fish. BC coast runs a long way, so it matters to know whether you are going to Haida Gwai, north island, west island, south island, and if you want big seas or easy riding, and price range - varies from $600 to $1000 a day depending on where you go. A little more info and I'm sure we can steer you in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys

thanks for the replys. Any how i fly into vancover at end of july. As for the fishing i am interested in sturgeon and maybe salmon, i would like to do a day with a good guide chasing both. Is sturgeon a fish you could chase in one day and expect a good chance of a encounter or is it a fish to put few days into ?? I really have no concrete plans just going to hire car have a look around. At this stage the only thing i want really plan is few days fishing if i have to book them in. Any how cheers for your input and any other advice.

regards curt

hmm, sounds like then you are sticking to Vancouver area? Not so much the fishing mecca for salmon but perhaps someone else can enlighten you for that time of the year - if you have a car, you would probably be best to drive to the island and fish out of sooke (or even better because of possible restrictions) drive over to Port Renfrew. Just you though, or have fishing buddies coming?

No offence to Vancouver (ha), but I don't think i'd travel to the other side of the world looking for salmon and settle on Vancouver! Do your sturgeon there and then come to the island for salmon (Renfrew or Ucluelet - at least if you went to Ucluelet, you can hit the best beaches around as well).

Back