Here's your sign

Bassblaster

I'm sure we've all had those moments where either our, or someone else's, brains fail to engage before saying something about the obvious. Anyone got any "Here's your sign" moments they'd care to share?

He's mine.

My son, wife, and I were just coming off the lake. As we neared shore we saw an elderly gentleman and what appeared to be his grandson in tow. As we beached the boat and began off-loading they walked over in time to see me pull a full stringer of bass from the boat.

The man looked me straight in the face and asked "Did you catch those fish in this lake?"

Before I could stop myself I answered " Nope, we brought them with us".

Here's your sign.

Extinction is Forever

Him :"how many of those did you catch"?

me: " all of them "

Him: "where did you catch those?"

me: "in the water"

Me: "how you doing this morning Vern?"

Him: " Northwest "

and of course my all time favourite from him. Well it's a toss between:

" that boat's got wings"

and with a voice coming over the VHF he says: "back rod"

How about when your on the boat...

How high are we here???????

Me ummmmm 6 inches above sea level....

How much does that mountain weigh?????

Me "trilion lbs"!!!!???????

I got a lot more "HERES YOUR SIGN"!!!!!

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

guest "if this is snake rock how far away from the ocean are we"
me "how tall are you?"

As a young flyfisherman in the 60's i got mine;)
I had hiked the several miles up the Malign river near Jasper to the lake. As i rounded the last bend in anticipation i met an older gent coming toward me, he had a couple of giant (to me and likely about 3 lbs each) Brookies on a stringer.

Me.....OMG where did you catch them?
Him..... You wouldn't tell anyone?
Me..... No!
Him.... Leaning forward conspiratorially and whispering, right in the mouth.

A liar will assume you are lying

Had one today...

so that boat over there???

YES i say....

What is that and what motor is in it????

It was a drag boat and as if I knew what is in it???

So I simply said a reallllllllll big one.......

LOL LOL

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

had been releasing wild coho over the side of the boat all morning, finally a hatch came on board via the net. Bonked it 3 times hard on the head. Customer asked are we letting it go or keeping that one?

Guest is looking at his watch while he asks what time he should be back for lunch. He was informing me that he had planned on walking to the top of the island that morning. ( he was staying at the Empress in Victoria )

I once overheard some tourists looking across at the Olympic Mountains in Washington State commenting on how high the Rocky Mountains are.
Years ago I also had a girlfriend who worked front desk at a Victoria Hotel who came home one day and told me about some guests that were insistent that she tell them where the bridge was to the mainland. They said there was no way they took a Ferry, they drove to Victoria.

A good ol southern boy was at Stuart Island and asked in his drawl "Why do you have all those eagle decoys in those trees?"

How about this one

Customer: How far can an eagle see into the water????

ME, after thinking about it for about 2 mins " I guess it all depends on the clarity of the water at that present time!!!!!!!"

LOL

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Had a guy one time ask me at the cleaning table, just after I threw the head and guts to the gulls, "what parts do you keep?"

Or

Met a guy on the dock with a small hali and he wanted to know what type of cod it was. I told him it was not a cod but a halibut and he very tersely told me he was not fishing for hali he was fishing for cod.

Well, guess I'm not immune either. Had this happen today.

I had a package at Greyhound in CR so I called for directions.

Him "Greyhound"
Me "Hi, I'm new to the area, can you tell me where you're at?"
Him " Sure! I'm behind my desk!"
LOL:D

Extinction is Forever

Well, guess I'm not immune either. Had this happen today.

I had a package at Greyhound in CR so I called for directions.

Him "Greyhound"
Me "Hi, I'm new to the area, can you tell me where you're at?"
Him " Sure! I'm behind my desk!"
LOL:D

Extinction is Forever

Customer holding a trout rod...."Is this what I need for Halibut"

Me.......`That might work, but you need one of these (24 oz Mudraker)

Customer looking at a 9 foot, $200 inflatable kayak `We want to do a week long tour of the broken island group, will this be good enough``

`` Here`s my card, I`ll write down the number for the coast gaurd``

This lady asked if she could watch us clean some salmon - I said sure and cut one up the belly. A bunch of partly digested herring fell out and she says: "Oh! Are those its babies?"

I'm looking at all these bits of herring and thinking yes lady, fish don't grow from a single cell like everything else in the world - they are assembled like cars or a computer and start life at about 6 inches....

I can't remember but I think I just said yes.

Yesterday at the dock there is a pair of women getting out of a 16' Boston whaler. The one lady throws about a 14 pound spring up on the dock.

I look at her and say " Wow, Nice little winter spring you have there!"

She Replies "Its a Coho, Its hatchery so it must be a Coho. They dont have hatcherys springs"

-Steve

Back