Help !!

sir-vivor

Been working at this wheel for 20 min and cant get it off, not sure if I'm doing it right by just pulling bu hand and banging . How u get them off after 20 yrs

Attachments

• 20210331_140449.jpg
    20210331_140449.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 40
Been working at this wheel for 20 min and cant get it off, not sure if I'm doing it right by just pulling bu hand and banging . How u get them off after 20 yrs
LOL... Been there.

Had a thread on this a few years back:

I would put a puller on it. Get some good tension on it then if it doesn’t pop you can try some heat on the hub, use a rag dipped in boiling water and use players or if you have a heat gun that might do it. Just leave the tension on it while you heat it. Gear pullers are cheap, should always have a couple kicking around anyways.

Last edited:
Got it , easy !
Fish Assassin , the man . He said put an arm under it, a leg (block) push out and tap the inside spindle with a hammer , with bolt threaded on before ...came out like a got damn .. He may have not said it exactly like the above but it's his greatly appreciated comment that got it done
THANKS AGAIN FISH ASSASSIN !
And all others suggestions too
PS , it was a 25 year old wheel and the key was rusted rusted and fricken rusted solid to the wheel hub, but it came out like butter

Attachments

• 20210331_155650.jpg
    20210331_155650.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 19
Puller's are very cheap and useful tools...Princess Auto has a good selection. Use mine on every outboard to pull the flywheel off to get to stator, trigger coils etc.

Puller's are very cheap and useful tools...Princess Auto has a good selection. Use mine on every outboard to pull the flywheel off to get to stator, trigger coils etc.
I actually have one , forgot I had it . Getting old I guess but it's all done with now and hope I never need to do again lol

Back