Harrison River Sturgeon

JAC

I went on my first Sturgeon fishing trip last weekend and now I'm hooked. I have been told the Harrison River has good Sturgeon fishing and it pretty safe for prop boats. My boat is a 21 foot Trophy boat and I was wondering if there is some places to fish sturgeon near harrison lake that are safe? I have a gps on my boat that has the charts for the river and it looks safe? I have a normal anchor for the ocean will this be ok for the slow moving Harrison River? I would love to here all sturgeon tips for this area.

Thanks
Jac

The only Harrison River trips I ever did were in a jet boat when the river was quite low and from what I saw it's a damned tricky place there's shallow spots in the middle that are sure to trip you up.

On the Fraser around the Mission Bridge would be safer for prop boat your size IME.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

quote:Originally posted by JAC

I went on my first Sturgeon fishing trip last weekend and now I'm hooked. I have been told the Harrison River has good Sturgeon fishing and it pretty safe for prop boats. My boat is a 21 foot Trophy boat and I was wondering if there is some places to fish sturgeon near harrison lake that are safe? I have a gps on my boat that has the charts for the river and it looks safe? I have a normal anchor for the ocean will this be ok for the slow moving Harrison River? I would love to here all sturgeon tips for this area.

Thanks
Jac
I have to agree with Dogbreath on this one, while the Harrison looks tame, the channel is often very narrow. Where the Harrison comes out into the Fraser is even worse, this is a dangerous area for prop boats, I have seen a dozen plus boats hit the same hidden gravel bar in a single afternoon, some never restarted and drifted down river.

Thanks guys

I was planning on launching in harrison lake and fishing near the month. From what I have been told it very safe and easy to see tricky areas. I dont want to go very far down te river just to a hole near the mouth of the river.

jac, launch under port mann and fish southside of the river from bridge to mission. very safe and deep to mission and you'll get your fill of 5-8 footers.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Back