Happy Monday

Dennis.t

The day dawned clear and frosty.Finally breaking free of work (had to quit) lol.I needed to have a early start after getting skunked three times last week fishing a low and slow river. The flow was running nice and high with a bit of color,just the way i like it. Fish hard and fish fast at first light. Pulled into my first spot and was leaving the truck when another fella showed up. He took the bottom of the run and I took the top. About 5 casts in my float dipped and I felt that oh so sweet feeling of a steelhead take. Up outa the water rockets a mint bright bullet and spits out my hook. Im crushed! Thinking this was too quick and probally going to be my only handshake with a fishy on this day. Finished fishing the run and as it was still early got out of there and on to the next spot.I was into my forth spot of the day when BANG, i was into my second fish of the morning! After a crazy battle of pissed off steel,which had me doing the 100 yd dash. I landed a nice bar of silver and called it a morning. Wieghed March 4th 2013 117.jpgin at 13pd 4oz! Sure beats the hell out of work! Cheers!

Excuse my lack of fresh water knowledge,
Are all wild steelhead to be released with hatchery only retention ?
Nice fish !

Thanks Shawn... I can assure you this is a hatchery fish. In my 30 yrs of steelhead fishing ive have never kept a wlid fish. Its been a tough year,so im told. And by judging my lack of sucess last week,it was nice to see the river swell with rain to change things up.Finally a swollen river to fish. Its what i live for...

Back