Hali Question

pennel

Do halibut around the Bamfield area hang around the inner banks (5-7 miles) during the summer months or do they tend to migrate further offshore.
Thanks

they all over!! just try the top edges, you will find em!!

Do halibut around the Bamfield area hang around the inner banks (5-7 miles) during the summer months or do they tend to migrate further offshore.
Thanks
got 3 in an 2 hrs on Friday at 7 mile,extra large hearing

Hey you ***** you not fishing Renfrew this year??
Got a new rig, just got it ready to late to hit the season in renfrew, just being a gipsy this year, boat is in port albernie at a friends house, back in renny next year,you slaying them in renny??

Got a new rig, just got it ready to late to hit the season in renfrew, just being a gipsy this year, boat is in port albernie at a friends house, back in renny next year,you slaying them in renny??
Landed 15 springs yesterday to 32 lbs, fed the seal 2 in the mid 30's was nice to see some fish holding for more than one tide

For those of you that don't anchor your boat what is your favourite way to fish for halibut.
I finally managed to catch one (just under 50lbs) using a jig but it was hard work.

For those of you that don't anchor your boat what is your favourite way to fish for halibut.
I finally managed to catch one (just under 50lbs) using a jig but it was hard work.

butt end of boat into swell or current, bump in and out of reverse... "backtrolling"

Landed 15 springs yesterday to 32 lbs, fed the seal 2 in the mid 30's was nice to see some fish holding for more than one tide
******* hey, nice to see fish period, hope thing hold up for u, never no might take the boat up that way for a couple days, wife wants us to spend a few days down there, no place like renfrew in my books
butt end of boat into swell or current, bump in and out of reverse... "backtrolling"
pick your tides (slow ebb is best me thinks) and just drift with bait

Back