Guides on Lake Cowichan?

• Thread starter Thread starter fishinmom
  • Start date Start date
F

fishinmom

I posted earlier about fishing from the dock at my friend's lake house - hey guys please respond - Im not like you- veteran fishermen and yes I'm even a girly-girl but I LOVE to fish and want to do this right - once in a lifetime chance to visit your beautiful country and hoping to do some good fishing while I'm there.

That said, do you know of any guides on the lake that could take us out for a good day of fishing?

Thanks 'yall! Yes, I'm from Texas ;)

In the area you re speaking of you can fish off the dock in the evenings with a good old standby bobber and worm , otherwise I would go to the Boy Scout camp area and bottom fish with rubber salmon eggs , worms , chunk of weiner , etc.
If you son is fairly proficient at casting you could use a deadly dick in orange with black dots or wee tad plugs in a frog pattern or stickleback (black and silver)
Can't say as I know of any guides as such on the Lake as I have always taken my boys and my grandkids with me in my boat.
Any help ?
Cheers

AL

Try geting a hold of Kenzie's fishing adventures he guides in that area and is very good

Try geting a hold of Kenzie's fishing adventures he guides in that area and is very good

Hi Fishinmom,
One of my favorite lakes to fish is Lake Cowichan. Do you have a boat to fish from or are you shore fishing? Down at the far end of the lake is a lot of creeks that empty into the lake. Shaw creek you can walk into from the road. Power bait fished off the bottom is a good way to start.... or try fishing power bait with a bobber. Worms will always work IMO. But remember to only fish bait in the lake... not the river due to bait bans in all streams. If you do have a boat you can try trolling worm and gang trolls or try fishing small plugs 10 to 15 feet down. Try trolling the creek mouths as the fish will be there waiting for food to enter the lake. Hope this helps.... Steve.

Back