great fishing

just got back from a month and a few days fishing the south island of new zealand and it was amazing. if u think steelheading is difficult, like i did, go pursue 8-10 pound browns and rainbows on the dry fly. it took me 3 days to learn how to spot fish and another 3 to SLOW DOWN. i am usually a very active fisherman covering many kilometers of river in a day, but in nz u can fish a 12 hour day and only cover half a km. when u spot a fish u watch him for a while to see what hes feeding on and try to stay as still as possible while getting anihilated by the sandflies. if u think bugs are bad in northern canada, these sandflies are worse. i was truly humbled by nz and it definately made me feel like my first day of flyfishing all over again. nz was a heavenly place, but it was nice to come back and pick up a few with the centerpin yesterday on the stamp. ps if you r like me and not married, every campsite i stayed at was stacked with german and swedish girls, good times

IMG]

Good to hear you hade a great trip.. any pics?

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Show us your ****, fish or otherwise....[}:)]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Nice fish as the infamous Gary Cooper would say.....[8D]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Sweet... it's amazing those fish can grow so big in such small streams without salmon. High on my list of places to visit [8D]

the coolest part was since the fish have no predators, the biggest fish will sit in 3-6 inches of water in wide slow runs, easy to spot but easy to spook

IMG]

Back