Great Bass Fishing at Quenel Lake in Yellow Point

uclueletcharters

Haven't done much fresh water fishing in the few years but as a kid Quenel Lake in yellow point was a great bass fishing lake. The lake is not that deep and has lots of lilly pads for the bass to hide in. There is a boat launch at Zuiderzee campground and a free marshy one off of Written Rd suitable for a car topper type boat that you could toss in by hand. Barried my truck there once trying to get to the lakes edge, it was ugly! There are lots of trout but come summer they are muddy tasting. Has anyone fished that lake recently? And how is it?

Haven't done much fresh water fishing in the few years but as a kid Quenel Lake in yellow point was a great bass fishing lake. The lake is not that deep and has lots of lilly pads for the bass to hide in. There is a boat launch at Zuiderzee campground and a free marshy one off of Written Rd suitable for a car topper type boat that you could toss in by hand. Barried my truck there once trying to get to the lakes edge, it was ugly! There are lots of trout but come summer they are muddy tasting. Has anyone fished that lake recently? And how is it?

The Ritten Road ramp has been refurbished and is in pretty nice shape now. It is only for car toppers as there isn't any allowance for parking a vehicle with a trailer anymore.
Last time I used that ramp I had to winch my 4 X 4 out of there. It was ugly back in those days.
Dave

Going to give this lake a shot this weekend with the boy for some trout. Anyone care to share a specific pattern or technique to help entertain a 3 year old?... and 36 year old going on 3 :)

I've always been a worm and bobber guy in shallow lakes with lots of weeds. One of my buddies had a funny way of fishing it he used a bobber with a decent length of leader with a fly and would drag it along the lilly pad edge and it produced pretty good. Spinners produced well but lots of weed removal especially with a triple hook. The mini scampy type grub with the tail worked well for bass, there used to be a float plane dock acroos from Zuiderzee that seemed to be consistent. Or across from the Written Rd launch along those rock ledges was a good spot that where we casted from shore lots. Used to ride our bikes there as kids hit the gift cottage en route probably not there now for some candy then continue down to the lakes edge through a trail. Good luck!

Back