Gospel boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry husty

A friend of mine just ordered a 25’ Gospel aluminum boat. Check them out online. They look great and the price is a fraction of what
Is charged for a local boat. 30 to 40k. Anyone have experience with them?

A friend of mine just ordered a 25’ Gospel aluminum boat. Check them out online. They look great and the price is a fraction of what
Seen one and the motors fell off first year
Welds look like ****
Decent layout
Could be a different knock off stabicraft but ya good luck

I don’t know,, an aluminum boat made in China, I’ll pass.

You get what you pay for. Cookie-cutter style cheap Chinese aluminum boat, not built for our waters.
Saw one at the ramp this summer. Younger guy in his 30s only used for getting his “friends out for a fun day!” May last him a season or two if not hit by pounding waves.

Interesting. Where are they made? How do they manage to build them for so much less money?

I don't think saving a few k is worth my life. Safety is key and the ocean is not something to take lightly of. I would advise your friend to make sure his safely equipment is handy incase of an emergency and to get some trim tabs installed.

I have been on the china knock offs and can confirm that when the boat is going straight, it's pretty smooth and feels like the hull is a bit heavier. Not so much when it comes to doing an emergency turn. When a chop is coming, you probably want to aim the boat directly towards it. Overall, the boat does float, has lots of deck space, kinda cool to have the bait table and rod holders integrated in the back haha

I Actually own a boat from gospel. 6.25m had it now for over 8 months I have owned w.a built boats my whole life and got one of these built to test out while I have one built again here. After 8 months I can clearly say I am very very impressed. For what you pay it is bang for buck. all these comments on cant handle our waters haha is just rubbish. I was out from two rocks 3m swell with 2 very experienced boaties that were sceptics also. came back in with travelling seas still sitting on 20 plus knots with ease. she crushed and bounced on top of the waves with ease. Saying this now so impressed getting another built but bigger. China 10 years ago is not what is was 3 years ago and 3 years ago is not what it is like now. they want to be the best at everything. Oh and as for the 2 sceptics came back in loving it and one is now looking to order a 7.5m walk around. most of the barking and talk on here is when people have no experience with them. Electronical has come in very very good. had my local mechanic that fits out my boats here do the rest of the add on I usually get and he could not believe the improvement on them and how neat and tidy it all was and using good quality wiring. over all now that I have owned one I am very impressed and yes was a sceptic on them for years after always having w.a built boats. boat sits nice in the water built solid as with 5mm sides and 6mm bottom on a 6.25m is un heard of here but she goes like the clackers also. 175hp on the back and 40knots she is flying around. If you unsure there is plenty of them coming into the market take one out and judge for yourself.

Never ridden on a Chinese built boat. I would never buy one as I try to avoid buying from China as much as possible (not easy these days) as I don't like to support fascist regimes. All that aside, a question I have is how good is the quality of all that paint and how long will it last? Few things uglier than an aluminum boat with flaking paint. There are not easy or cheap to re-paint.

I have a unpainted Silver Streak. After it got its initial layer of protective oxidation it has looked the same for over 17 years now. Hard to say the same for any painted aluminum boat - perhaps even more for a Chinese one. My 2 bits.

Have had to clean up this thread twice in the last few hours. When the OP has had time on the water in this friends new purchase, he can give a first hand review of his impressions if he so chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back