GO LIONS GO

quote:Originally posted by angler-kurt

Hey Everyone!! Hows it going? Well I was browsing the web for fishing forums , and I found this new one.. It's just starting up and looking good! I think all of you should check it out and register and see how ya like it!!

The Website is...

http://bcfishingforums.bestbulletinboard.com

Thanks A Lot! Have A Good Day!!

It looks a lot like bcfishingreports.com (which i am a member of), and I see you have 3 more members since I read about it last week when the count was 11. ;)

No offense, but it is pretty much the same looking board I have been on for a few years with no members.

Don't know what this all has to with the Lions anyways..

And eric I agree we have a much better game in its style and our players for the most part are there for the love of the game and not the money, which makes all the differnce in the world to me. Its one of the reasons I have lost almost all interest in the NHL. The game for me has been ruined.
Our family lives and breathes CFL football, we have two sons in highschool ball and the 3rd on his way. We rarely miss a game on the tube when we are at home and go to as many Esky games as possible.
For all the lovers of the Canadian game the Vanier cup is on this weekend, Sask Huskies vs Laurier (spelling?) wacth if you can its some good Canadian ball...

And eric I agree we have a much better game in its style and our players for the most part are there for the love of the game and not the money, which makes all the differnce in the world to me. Its one of the reasons I have lost almost all interest in the NHL. The game for me has been ruined.
Our family lives and breathes CFL football, we have two sons in highschool ball and the 3rd on his way. We rarely miss a game on the tube when we are at home and go to as many Esky games as possible.
For all the lovers of the Canadian game the Vanier cup is on this weekend, Sask Huskies vs Laurier (spelling?) wacth if you can its some good Canadian ball...

quote:Originally posted by walleyes

And eric I agree we have a much better game in its style and our players for the most part are there for the love of the game and not the money, which makes all the differnce in the world to me. Its one of the reasons I have lost almost all interest in the NHL.

Walleyes........I assume you meant "NFL" and not the "NHL"? ;) If you are from Edmonton after last year I don't think you can sell them down the river just yet??? [:p]

I am an ex-Pegger and it is rare that I miss a Bomber game on the tube and I see them when they are in Vancouver. I was an NFL fan for a few years, but the CFL has made a great comeback in the past 5ish years and I never really stopped watching; but it is the ONLY football I watch.

quote:Originally posted by walleyes

And eric I agree we have a much better game in its style and our players for the most part are there for the love of the game and not the money, which makes all the differnce in the world to me. Its one of the reasons I have lost almost all interest in the NHL.

Walleyes........I assume you meant "NFL" and not the "NHL"? ;) If you are from Edmonton after last year I don't think you can sell them down the river just yet??? [:p]

I am an ex-Pegger and it is rare that I miss a Bomber game on the tube and I see them when they are in Vancouver. I was an NFL fan for a few years, but the CFL has made a great comeback in the past 5ish years and I never really stopped watching; but it is the ONLY football I watch.

The NFL has some big boys but I think our guys in the CFL are as big if not bigger. ;) Anyways, it's not only the size but also the strength and speed that matters. If they can have an international game with high school ball, I don't know why they couldn't have one with professional ball. Besides, allstars are allstars right? :)

The NFL has some big boys but I think our guys in the CFL are as big if not bigger. ;) Anyways, it's not only the size but also the strength and speed that matters. If they can have an international game with high school ball, I don't know why they couldn't have one with professional ball. Besides, allstars are allstars right? :)

No pipen I ment NHL, I never was a fan of the NFL.
And yah about the international tourn, if the highschool boys can kick butt why not the big boys. Don't little boys grow up to be big boys.
If anybody wants to check it out google football canada scroll through some of their news releases you will read about the tournament. IT is called the NFL Global Junior Championship. Of course you never hear anything about it on any U.S. news because they have lost the last 2 years..
A couple posts back when speaking of the Vanier Cup I had one team wrong it is Sask Huskies vs Laval University..

No pipen I ment NHL, I never was a fan of the NFL.
And yah about the international tourn, if the highschool boys can kick butt why not the big boys. Don't little boys grow up to be big boys.
If anybody wants to check it out google football canada scroll through some of their news releases you will read about the tournament. IT is called the NFL Global Junior Championship. Of course you never hear anything about it on any U.S. news because they have lost the last 2 years..
A couple posts back when speaking of the Vanier Cup I had one team wrong it is Sask Huskies vs Laval University..

You lucky buggers. I just learned you're Nanimo Raiders won the Canadian Junior Championship also.
Must be soemthing in the water over their,, enjoy.........

You lucky buggers. I just learned you're Nanimo Raiders won the Canadian Junior Championship also.
Must be soemthing in the water over their,, enjoy.........

Walleyes.......that is interesting to hear about the highschool boys and what they have achieved.

I think the big problem is the Candian University system vs the US Colleges. There is WAY more money put towards development etc etc etc (not to mention the exposure down there). Sure we get some talented Canadian players in the CFL, but if you notice pretty much any Canadian player in the NFL....has been a Canadian who went south to College. "If" UBC is successful in it's bid to join the NCAA it woudl be interesting to see what happens to that football program.

We just don't have the $$$$ in Canada to develop players. Hell...just look at the size of our stadiums compared to the US games where there are 70,000+++++ fans at games. I have been to a few college games down there and it truly does blow you away.

Walleyes.......that is interesting to hear about the highschool boys and what they have achieved.

I think the big problem is the Candian University system vs the US Colleges. There is WAY more money put towards development etc etc etc (not to mention the exposure down there). Sure we get some talented Canadian players in the CFL, but if you notice pretty much any Canadian player in the NFL....has been a Canadian who went south to College. "If" UBC is successful in it's bid to join the NCAA it woudl be interesting to see what happens to that football program.

We just don't have the $$$$ in Canada to develop players. Hell...just look at the size of our stadiums compared to the US games where there are 70,000+++++ fans at games. I have been to a few college games down there and it truly does blow you away.

Hey guys wanted to chime in on this one.We have many great players up here in Canada but the problem is there is not enough scouts looking at the community ball level.Not all kids have a chnce to play high school.But it is slowly getting better.At one time we had americans coming up here to play football because the money was better.Now it is the opposite the CFL has become a farm leauge for the NFL.

Mike

Hey guys wanted to chime in on this one.We have many great players up here in Canada but the problem is there is not enough scouts looking at the community ball level.Not all kids have a chnce to play high school.But it is slowly getting better.At one time we had americans coming up here to play football because the money was better.Now it is the opposite the CFL has become a farm leauge for the NFL.

Mike

The CFL is the better game though,larger field,3 downs and bigger balls.

Mike

The CFL is the better game though,larger field,3 downs and bigger balls.

Mike

pippen...you're right that a lot of the Canadian players are going south. The money and the fame is what their looking for and the states has both. If we had stadiums that could fit 70,000++++fans, may be the flow of players would be up north. I'm content on seeing Canadian talent stay in Canada and if UBC did join the NCAA, I wouldn't want our talent to go south.

Back