Glas-ply boats are coming back.

It would be great to see some of those classic lines on the water again.

This was a friend's boat that we fished on the Sunshine Coast with-last seen @ Telegraph Cove where I got this photo-showing it's age a bit

JoJoinTelegraphCove.jpg

Luv Glasply's grew up wit 3 of um
A 19 cuddy, 23 bulkhead, & the lasted model built by the company a 26 fly bridge

Wonder if the will follow the the rest of the PWC manufactured boats & run pods & OB's. or stick to the ol tried & true I/Os

I thought the last manufacturer of Glasplys hulls took the molds to Hawaii, & make a go of um????

Great News to a big Glasply fan

Heres some pics of my 1981 Glasply 2100 Hardtop restoration. Awesome rough water boat, very smooth ride with a huge bow flare. The build quality of these boats is second to none and hope they continue the tradition with their new venture.

glasply.net is the "official" Glaply owners site.

Attachments

• gp2100 132 (Medium).jpg
    gp2100 132 (Medium).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,421
  • gp2100 130.jpg
    gp2100 130.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 790
  • gp2100 128 (Medium).jpg
    gp2100 128 (Medium).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 578
  • gp2100 129 (Medium).jpg
    gp2100 129 (Medium).jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 545
Last edited by a moderator:
Great News to a big Glasply fan

Heres some pics of my 1981 Glasply 2100 Hardtop restoration. Awesome rough water boat, very smooth ride with a huge bow flare. The build quality of these boats is second to none and hope they continue the tradition with their new venture.

glasply.net is the "official" Glaply owners site.
Beautiful boat... I have it’s twin. Restoration begins next month.

True confession: I get a woody every time I see one of those old Glasply’s out on the water...something about those lines....fish killing machines

Beautiful boat... I have it’s twin. Restoration begins next month.
So are you going to pod it and convert it to an outboard? With the inboard-outboard removed you will get a good look at the transom's condition, and you should not have to worry about the stringers as I understand Glasply was an early adopter of all glass stringers. With the reinforced compartmentalized hull it reduces the chances you will have problems with the internal decks, they are strong as hell. One of my fishing partners once tested my fishing deck accidentally, by dropping a 20 lb ball on it from about 4 feet and all it did was bounce. Mine is a 1983 model 2200, so a bit bigger and access to the large keel line fuel tank is easy with a screwed down cover plate, assuming the 2100 is the same. When I replaced the fuel tank I had Jenkins Marine clone a new one out of heavy Al plate.

Last edited:
It's been 9 years since the first post in this thread and I'm going to go ahead and say that this come back never took place!
Makes you wonder if those hourstons will ever come back with their new builder in the states.

Back