Georgia strait

• Thread starter Thread starter Even-tide
  • Start date Start date
E

Even-tide

Any one fish the Q/A, slash last couple of day's are the fish still around.[?]

Saw a 30-pounder at the bell last Sunday.

Fished the QA/Bell a couple times this past week. Pretty Quiet. There was the odd fish hooked this morning though.

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Saw a 30-pounder at the bell last Sunday.

Was that a 30 lber on the scale or a 22 lber? Either way..it's a nice fish...

Any other details?

:) :)

Fished the QA Thursday afternoon/evening with no luck. Tried anchovies,hootchies, spoons. Beautiful night on the water.
Was out the week previous(Weds. afternoon May 12) another fabulous day on the water. Got one on. Ran like crazy. Broke the line, lost the flasher, anchovy hook up.I was choked. Had the better half out fishing for the first time ever. Really wanted to land it to impress her!!
Heading back in to MacDonald Beach ran by all the charter boats fishing around the QA. Saw one land a nice size, probably 10-15#

Well, he said it was 30, and he held it up and it sure looked like a 30 ...and I've had a few 30's in the boat in the past year to refresh my memory ...just none this year yet. [8D] He said he was using chovies at only something like 40 to 60 feet. I had no luck but did have the biggest crab feast ever. Oh well, I'm still eating excellent Port Hardy springers from last summer.

going to be out there Sunday...wanted to cross and fish thrasher but the forecast for the afternoon isn't looking like that's a good idea with south easterlies forecast.

Fished the QA this morning..9 am start. Saw 15 boats...2 caught around 12 lbs or better.

Fished the area and all the way out to the SLASH, at one point were were so far out, it was closer to run to Porlier than the Bellbuoy...nada...

Six Rods...Bleep..

Finished up back at the Pt. Grey Bellbuoy which was set up REALLY nice, moving tide..., tide lines but nada......lots of bait on the water today...not herring though...

Skunk for the Fishin Magician today...but my boat wasn't the only one skunked...

Hey FM are you the fellow I talked to on the dock at Vanier around 5:00.

I fished the QA on thursday. No fish, but I got a nice picture of an eagle perched on the bouy. I don't think the eagle caught anything either.
A day on the water getting skunked still beats the hell out of doing just about anything else!

Fished off QA Friday evening. Low tide at 4:49pm. Spoons and Hoochies. Had 2 strikes, no fish. Lost a cannonball, was down 140ft in 300 ft of water. I went to Nikka Marine to pick up 2 new prawn traps on Sunday and to replace some gear. The guy said there is a ton of crap in the water off of QA including a lot of lost crabbing gear. I'm going to try the new snubbers to see if I can avoid losing more gear.

bhemi, I think the snubbers help a lot, but new rigger cable every season is probably more important and worth it in the long run.

I have never seen crab traps out at QA. That is pretty deep for crabbing. Maybe he meant lots of lost crabbing gear around the Bell Buoy. I have seen tugs haul log barges over crab floats South of Q62 (the Bell Buoy). They didnt resurface behind the boom.

Back