Gearcase for 1999-115hp suzuki 2-stroke

Bag-Juan

Well S.O.B. looks like the bottom end is gone on my main motor. Any-body got any in-put on where I might track one down. They said they could get me a brand new one for 3500$ but I'm not sure if I want to spend that much. What do you guy's think. I guess you never know with a used one how long it will last. Maybe a better option would be to re-power, but can't afford new so I'm back to possibly buying someone's grief. I know most shops give ya some sort of warranty on used motors - 30 days or something like that. The top end of the motor seems to run strong and has good compresion. I was planning on a new motor in a couple of years when my kids have finished sucking me dry! Thanks for any in-put.

I went through something similar last year. Had a '94 Johnson that the clutch dog went on. I looked into a rebuild, buying a replacement 'SEI' lower unit, buying a used lower unit and a new outboard.

I finally decided to buy an new ETEC with a 5 year warrantee and save 40 percent on fuel. I feel I made the right decision.

Hope this helps

I hear ya Mike, if there was a way to swing a new motor it would be at the top of my list, unfortuneally it's at the bottom of the wife's list!!

Look around for a used one. The people on here rave about the dealer in Bamfield. Maybe he can help you out with a good fix.

Bag-Juan, it is called Breakers Marine. they also have a shop in Port Alberni

Bruce

Post a wanted add on craigslist for a replacement lower unit. Someone probably has one somewhere in the vancouver area for a lot less than the new cost.

Don't bother paying 3500 for a new one. You could repower with another good used 90's motor for that price.

Thanks for the feedback guy's. I'l do some sniff'in around and see what I can come up with.

Do you know what years will fit your motor? You don't need a used one from 1999 there is probably a number of years that will fit. Also will any other brands fit a suzuki? I know mercs, mariner and force all had interchangable parts. So did johnson/evenrude. Maybe suzuki shared with some other brand too?

There is always ebay but it comes with it's own risks. This one is a lot older than your motor but it still might fit you would need to ask a dealer.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SUZUKI-Outbo...at_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item20b2dd63e0

Back