Garcia Mitchell 300 Spinning Reel

dwflyrod

just wundering if anybody has one laying around a Garcia Mitchell 300 Spinning Reel .if so please pm me.looking to buy one

don't think they will hold up to the salt water that well
used mitchells way back in the day in england
300's 410's and match also 810 for carp'in
also look around for an abu cardinal 54 or 55
or shimano small bio-master's

the 410 has a roller in the bail arm 300's don't

if you do go with em keep it well maintained
look on ebay.co.uk

don't think they will hold up to the salt water that well
used mitchells way back in the day in england
300's 410's and match also 810 for carp'in
also look around for an abu cardinal 54 or 55
or shimano small bio-master's

the 410 has a roller in the bail arm 300's don't

if you do go with em keep it well maintained
look on ebay.co.uk

He did post in the freshwater section :)

Somewhere I have a Mitchell 350 that I am willing to sell (its the high speed retrieve model that is not that common) I will have a look and see if I can find it. Its a 60s vintage and in good shape.

I have a 306 from the 70's that saw a truckload of activity in the salt when it was new and was rarely, if ever, even rinsed with fresh water. It's still in great shape and works well.
I won't sell it but it's proof the old ones can handle the salt no problem.
Good luck in your search.

Last year I took a step up in arbor size for a spinning reel,from 4000 to a 6000 after many seal chases that spool a 4000 at 10 pound test.I have found weight of reel is same to balance with rod. For casting has a smother flow through guides with larger arbor reel.More line.so when a fray in mono just trim it and you keep fishing for the day without a respool of line.Distance and accuracy is whats needed for coho in lake river and sea ,matched up with the right 9' rod your set to tackle big fish anywhere. Mitchell Garcia 300 is a fresh water heavy metal trout reel made for fiberglass 6.5' rod.We now use composite graphite and balance differently .We in our family have many mitchell 300's, we use 6 pound test and float worms or roe for the kids in the lake ,every one of us has used one as a child.please don't use vintage mitchell reels in the chuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back