FYI Fenwick Mooching rods for on sale for 99$ (reg $159) at capital iron.

PN&T will sell them to you cheaper... I bought 8 HMX this winter... some for my buddies but they gave me a great deal...

Wow it looks like I am not the only fisherman making sure another fisherman gets a better deal.

Watch out Peterman some other memebers may hammer on you for stating that these items are cheaper else where.

Not going to mentions any names but I am sure they will read this.

Great Post.... :)

Sorry, didnt mean for that to come out like I was bragging about getting them cheaper or that 99 bucks is way over priced or anything... I never find deals but Rob was clearing out the back room to expand the shop and Im in there a lot... I think its great when people pass on sale prices but at the same time people also have to make money...
The Cannon balls issues was a touchy subject i think....

Fish assasin if you fished as much in the ocean as you do on this board you would be a much better fisherman. Ill bite once for you as im sure you'll keep this game up. Saving fisherman money and posting deals as done by the members above is great. Rudely ruining a members thread and trying to tell him the prices he can charge is not. Dont turn this thread into another show and PM if you want to respond.

There ok rods....decent for the money.... I believe anytime you get a slight nick in a graphite rod it explodes under pressure... usually the dealer just replaces them over the counter.. no paper work needed...

Cheers All...

I purchased Fenwick HMX 1265 10'6" for $70.00 by looking around....lots of deals to be had.... Definitely like the older style HMX over the newer ones...they changed the entire blank into something that resembles a Talora....

Fish assasin if you fished as much in the ocean as you do on this board you would be a much better fisherman. Ill bite once for you as im sure you'll keep this game up. Saving fisherman money and posting deals as done by the members above is great. Rudely ruining a members thread and trying to tell him the prices he can charge is not. Dont turn this thread into another show and PM if you want to respond.

What ever Kelly........Just got to get in there once again don't ya. Got nothing better to do? Oh and by the way I fish almost every day the wind is not screamin. In fact I bet I fish more often then most people on this board. I nornally break 200 days a year on the water. Again you don't know SHxT.....

I saved 60 bucks... that made me happy, just thought id share.

Thanks for the info Dr. I picked up a couple when I was out in May at Capital Iron in Sidney and they look pretty good. I haven't had them in the riggers yet but I just got my new reels so they'll get a workout in two weeks when I'm back to Renfrew for the month. For $99 I thought it was a great deal and no shopping around. That's not even a tank of gas in the truck these days unfortunately! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I never see ya out there Owen I think you just stay at home and play on the putor. So what time are ya going over to PR?

You know it Duffer. I never see you out there either...LOL....I didn't see you today or did I. As we never fish.

I am just so happy to see people get a great deal. Some people on this island think they can get big bucks for used and old gear. I love saving people money so I love the fact these rods were found cheaper. Funny thing is that here Kelly slags me again yet I never said anything about his out dated and over price Eagle Sounder/GPS..... That came with out a card.....Can we not all help each other save money?

Oh and by the way I fish almost every day the wind is not screamin. In fact I bet I fish more often then most people on this board. I nornally break 200 days a year on the water. .....

What fa,only 200 days/year lol... what in sam hell do you do with all the free time ;)...sammy

Back