FYI Cowie Log Jam

Just to let any drift boaters on the cowie know there is a log jam pretty much all the way across the river at the Bible camp where the old bridge used to be. There is a little chute on the right side of the river for your boat to just fit through. There is enough water to bump through right now but if it drops any more it will be dry.

Thanks for the report Chosen. I am sure it will help lots guys out.
Fins, good to see ya, been out yet.
I have yet to see the river this year :(

HS.

Get yer #$% out there.:D Hey Hyde the water will be getting good by next week. Maybe we'll see yah out there yet this year.

HL

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

1.2-1.4;)

They dont leave the system if its higher than that....:D

Anything under 2m.... thats my call lol

Hey fins. Ya the log at the picnic pool is gone but there is a strong current pushing you against the bank on the right so you gotta get your boat setup to pull left hard all the way through. Kinda hurt my shoulder yesterday goin through there thats how hard i was pullin! That whole stretch has changed and now you go down the left side instead of the right. Bible camp was pretty much high and dry yesterday where you can get through so we had to get out and pull the boat through. I haven't seen this many changes to the river in a long time!!

I agree with the under 2m mark. Obviously less spots to fish but zero pressure. I'm very familiar with the upper and there are places to fish at that height, mostly heads of pools (fly, stupid heavy sink tip, super short leader).

Back