Fuel Problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter scoopy
  • Start date Start date
S

scoopy

Hi all, I am having issues with my boat!! I have a 90 hp yamaha 1990 that bogs when you get the revs up......Any suggestions on what could cause this???

Thank-you

S

First and simplest thing to check would be the fuel/water filter (seperator). I'm assuming you have one. If it hasn't been changed for a while they do get clogged up. If it's not that then it could be a number of other things. Fuel pump, dirty carb, kinks in fuel lines etc.

Thanks, I think I got it figured out. To bad my steering is toast and I have to take my engine off to fix it........booo! no fishing for me for the next few days. Crap

I am not sure! I changed the pugs, water seperater and the fuel filter, seems to have solved it.....

Thats supposed to say "plugs". Now I have to fix my steering, what a nightmare!

16.5 ft campion centre console, with 90 hp yamaha. 1992. love it!

Hi guys, our Yamaha's have brass plugs on the bottom of each carb and once a year we clean the bowls out as really fine particles end up there even with 5 micron filters.We've had excellent service with minimal problems.Our 8 high thrust has roughly 1000 hrs.with only 1 set of plugs replaced. Regular maintenance is a must if you like fishing 20 mile. The more you can do your self will save bigtime! Good luck! RT.

Back