Fresh water lures

wisebuys

Hello freshwater anglers,

Wise Buys staff is needing your help to bringing in new and popular fresh water products. We are having a high demand from alot of you local anglers to beef up our fresh water section. So we need your input of what you would like to see us bring into our store.There are alot of local lakes around us and I'm pretty sure that each and everyone has certin types of lures that produce what you are targeting.All threads will be looked into buy us and investigated to insure we bring in whats needed by all of your requests.An order is arriving today with a large assortment of spoons but we feel that this is not enough and would like your feedback on this topic.

Thank you all Bill
Wise buys Fishing Supplies :)

Hey Bill

Let me tell you what works for me and hopefully others chime in.

Early Rapala's on the surface. Next time you see Dale ask, as he is the one who turned us on to this. Original floating with darker patterns like the Perch on overcast days and Lighter patterns like the Blue and Silver on sunny mornings. As the morning strolls on they may need to be slightly deeper. Countdowns or sinking. Smaller sizes work for quantity, larger for quality.

Wedding bands in assorted colors. Black works all year but best in winter, green, orange and pink work in spring and summer, either trolled alone or with a gangtroll. If fishing slows by late morning then lengthen the leader, I have gone up to 5'.

Apex trout killers in 1.5 or 2" sizes. Rainbow pattern, frog, orange, police car are my favorites.

Gangtrolls and pieces to make your own. This would be nice for Wedding bands also. Face it fisherman can be cheap but many of us like to tinker and muck around with ideas that might work. Having the ability to change and try new things is very usefull. If you decided to bring in materials for creating gangtrolls and had a saturday where you were set up for people to come try making thier own you might drum up some business. I know my kids would be all over making thier own. Lots of different spoons, beads etc.. out there for creative types.

Gulp plastics and Power bait. I won't go there except to say others know way more than me on what they want.

Not yet a bass guy but plan on trying more this summer.

A basic fly selection but this area can get carried away. I am not yet tying my own but will in the future. Currently by the basics I need.

I know others use a variety of spoons, spinners, and wobblers of many assortments but I have not gone far in this direction. Maybe there are others who have their favorites will let us know what works.

Lastly and most important, WORMS, WORMS, WORMS! Where would we be without them.

O yeah, A fishing Derby! I know that the Loghouse pub has one but I never saw any signs or heard of it till they were on the water with us. Lady running it said only 10 guys this year. I know there are way more regulars than that and the Elk Lake Derby has a big turnout in crappy weather with very few fish. Just a thought but maybe something to look at for next year.

Hope that helps as I tend to ramble but love talking fish.
James

Do you have worms? :D

Let it slide CL... I can't think of many other (local) shop owners that post on the board. Look at some of the post times,... when you open at 3 a guys gotta have something to do. :D

I'll have to stop buy and have a look at the new digs... See ya tomorrow Bill

And if I was a mod I would move this to the fresh section. ;)

And I will add...

Small rapalas.... You don't need every colour. I like the floating ones, they troll better then the sinkers.

Suprised CRC didn't mention some smaller split Tomics......
emo-coffee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have worms? :D

Let it slide CL... I can't think of many other (local) shop owners that post on the board. Look at some of the post times,... when you open at 3 a guys gotta have something to do. :D

I'll have to stop buy and have a look at the new digs... See ya tomorrow Bill

And if I was a mod I would move this to the fresh section. ;)

Yes we have worms. Okay see you tommorow Bill

Hi Lipripper

Thanx for the back up and yes we do have worms, and your absoultly right at 3 am while I'm waitin for all you guys to roll outa bed and head out a guys gotta keep busy somehow ;-]

Worden's Roostertail......Rainbow Trout pattern....different weight/sizes for casting.
BlueFox Vibrax.....different weights.....rainbow trout pattern (pink/blue).

Small gangtrolls with 2 or 3 small willow leaf blades.

Back