French creek rescue

I heard that mayday then not long after there was another mayday near Quadra Island. We pulled up and headed in that direction. The Coast Guard raced out to the red can, stopped and headed back to Campbell River. With the two maydays we thought the CG was being tested for response time but as reported on Chek it was clearly a rescue at French Creek. not sure what it was in CR.

26’ boat took a rouge wave and swamped their motors, second set of rouge waves came in and over turned the boat. Two men and a child were in the water for about ten minutes. They had all there safety gear on.

26’ boat took a rouge wave and swamped their motors, second set of rouge waves came in and over turned the boat. Two men and a child were in the water for about ten minutes. They had all there safety gear on.

Oh man, I was expecting a smaller vessel. Glad they were rescued quickly.

Yeah a ferry can be swamped if it’s a POS.

I see way to many guys head out or fishing in unreliable boats and when the weather is too rough to be out for the operator / vessel

I have a young child and another on the way and would never take them or anyone out if the conditions where beyond my capability and that of my vessel

Back