Fold up seats?

Hoochiebob

Here's the condensed story:
Pulled up carpet on boat last summer-spongey floorboards with no paint or fiberglass-bummer.
Pulled up floorboards -rotten stringers,bad glassing job,saturated foam,etc,etc- anger rising.
Pulled out gas tank- pitted,cracked hoses poorly installed-anger rising!

Stringers fixed and modifications made to the floor (in deck storage)-anger fading.

My question is: Has anyone seen a fold up</u> seat for a boat?Something that could be mounted through the backrest perhaps? I'm trying to maximize my deck space while still keeping seating for four.
I dont want to close up the deck in case I need bolstering for pedestals.

Got to get this done before you guys catch all the fish!

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Thanks TM.Both look like they would work, and the websites are good places to scope out as well. The hardware is the critical part and it is good to know the options are available.
Now if I can only find someone who likes to do fiberglassing...

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Hooch you might try looking for folding aviation jump seats. I have seen them on all kinds of planes and helicopters. There are places down in the states that sell used items. You might also check the farm supply stores. They might have something that you can use.
Boat bone yards might have something; if you can find an old Starcraft they had folding jump seats. Look for their cuddy cabin model and yep they are easy to rebuild.
Boat builders might have a line on hardware also.
The Garelick brand has a side gunwale removable seat that might work for you. Have a look in this link. http://www.paynesmarine.com/documents/SportsFishingGearLaddersSeats.pdf
Good hunting
GLG

Back