Folbe Rod Holders

Sitkaspruce

So I am sitting at home with Vertigo, so I thought I would do a little net cruising and I found these on another site.

http://folbe.com/

Check out the video. Not sure how well they would be with a downrigger, but a neat concept.
They are quite popular in the states for plugging and backtrolling.

Anybody use them?

SS

i believe scotty now offers something similiar to this, seen it in the last bc outdoors mag, i think they call theirs orca

Kind of look like some Scotty knock offs to me.. I think I'll keep my money on the original and support a Canadian company...

I am not convinced. Looks a bit flimsy and what if the mechanism doesn't release? One more thing that can go wrong in a critical moment. I have no problems pulling the rod out of a tube-holder - the 8" pull-travel or so is not an obstacle to me...And then the reel spool may drag on the holder and not releaase line as per set drag setting...no thanks.

the Folbe's are a tough rod holder. Just a touch too expensive for the BC fisherman. Scotty's new Orca rod holder should be available pretty much anytime now. I would think they will be available for the Vancouver boat show. Pricing will be $10.00-$15.00 dollars cheaper at retail than the Folbe's. Scotty's are sort of a Folbe copy with a few slightly different features

Best rod holder Scotty ever made and still makes!

223.jpg

I just used these folbe rod holders on a sturgeon guiding trip and they are better than the scotty orcas. Alot easier to get out and put in. These holder were out before the scotty. I heard scotty wanted to buy the design but folbe wouldnt sell

I just used these folbe rod holders on a sturgeon guiding trip and they are better than the scotty orcas. Alot easier to get out and put in. These holder were out before the scotty. I heard scotty wanted to buy the design but folbe wouldnt sell

I use them for third and fourth rods on our boat. They work great but i always lock them when less experienced fishermen/women are on board.

Back