Fly May Sea run Cutthroat

• Thread starter Thread starter noobangler
  • Start date Start date
N

noobangler

I found a spot on a river which contains cutthroat... my question is... where do cutthroat tend to be in May in such a river? Theres a stretch from where the river meets the ocean that is so long couples kms I not sure if I should be where the fresh water is or the Saltier end and im fly fishing...

Thought you said you found a spot which contains cutthroat. So what are you asking us for?

Typically fish the brakish waters where salt and fresh waters intermingle. Combined with eel grass and golf ball sized stones you'll find them. They are always on the move however so keep an eye out for dimples and various finning activity

No the river is said to contain Cutthroat but obviously not where I went today.. just spent 4 hours of bush wacking and found so many nice spots but not a fish. not even little ones

quote:Originally posted by noobangler

No the river is said to contain Cutthroat but obviously not where I went today.. just spent 4 hours of bush wacking and found so many nice spots but not a fish. not even little ones
The river out here was puking out chum fry in April and I had a bunch of good days on the salt side of things. Just needed to walk till you found them.
The chums have slowed down quite a bit and there deffinatley less fish around the estuary. I have seen them up in the lower river as late as July. Think of it kinda like bass fishing. Throw a minnow pattern and look for structure/shadows where they will hide and ambush stuff. As well watch for fish rising

quote:Originally posted by noobangler

The river out here was puking out chum fry in April and I had a bunch of good days on the salt side of things. Just needed to walk till you found them.
The chums have slowed down quite a bit and there deffinatley less fish around the estuary. I have seen them up in the lower river as late as July. Think of it kinda like bass fishing. Throw a minnow pattern and look for structure/shadows where they will hide and ambush stuff. As well watch for fish rising

Back