Flashers....Glow or No?....

Seafever

For you folks who fish 180 and deeper on the ECVI consistently....

Do you find Glow flashers outfish non-Glow?

I often get hits on Purple Haze flasher (which is non-glow) and back in the day all I used was plain dark green Hotspot with the chrome sides or same in Chartreuse.

I' ve also used dark Royal purple/chrome flashers but no glow on them and they work well down deep.

What say you?

I say glow...

A guide out of Painter's Lodge, I believe his dad was one of the original owners, Said.. " if it dont glow, it dont go" Glow flasher and glow clover leaf hootchies, in 200ft...
I never forgot that.. and yes we got 3 beauties on the ebb at the light house..

this guy was a hardcore guide, one of the best ive seen...

I was told by a couple guides now if your deep (175'+) has to be glow flasher and a glow hootchie
bait or spoons just dont cut it.

Glow might help, but if salmon can live and feed comfortably at that depth, I'm sure they can find your bait.

Dave

Ive also seen guys use a camera flash... to brighten their glow flashers and hootchies before sending them down.. just another trick that might help

I have always preferred glo. Glo green was always a goto. Last year bought a bunch of the chartreuse double glo (glo on both sides) and they were red hot! Surprisingly though my last 3 fish have came on an old red with silver sides (non glo) with the bright orangey red stripe.

Yes glow the first hour or 2 of daylight and the last hour or 2 before sunset. During broad daylight a good UV flasher may outfish the glow.

Back