Flasher/lure combos, Entrance Island

Wolfman

Hey,
I’m getting all geared up to get out there on Friday and try for some Chinook. Most likely I’m going to be fishing at entrance island and I’m wondering what flasher and lures I should
chick out there. I just got an 18lbs and 15 lbs cannon balls with glow coating on them, huge step up from the 10lbs. I’ve got two downriggers and was thinking of throwing out a third line up high if I can manage it. Has anybody ever used a diver setup as a third line? TIA, I’m new to the forum and really appreciate all the fish wisdom I can get.

Hey,
I’m getting all geared up to get out there on Friday and try for some Chinook. Most likely I’m going to be fishing at entrance island and I’m wondering what flasher and lures I should
chick out there. I just got an 18lbs and 15 lbs cannon balls with glow coating on them, huge step up from the 10lbs. I’ve got two downriggers and was thinking of throwing out a third line up high if I can manage it. Has anybody ever used a diver setup as a third line? TIA, I’m new to the forum and really appreciate all the fish wisdom I can get.
Also wondering about Leader lengths for different lures/bait?

I have used a diver setup as third line. I think its sucks. If a fish released the clip on the lower line the diver setup is far back and can get in the way. I think the third line should be on the rigger, stacked. I'll be out on Saturday and we'll start with a hoochie on one side and a herring aid spoon on the other. I will run a high third line with my secret coho lure..apparently there are a ton of shakers, so if that's the case I'll run two lines only.

Also wondering about Leader lengths for different lures/bait?
White glow hootchie. 28-32" leader 40lbs tie a swivel on the end. duo lock clips on the bottom flasher for quick change out. I caught a nice spring on a 3.5" green/nickel coyote. with spoons you want a 5' leader 30lbs. You can go up to 6' if you want.

As for bait I use medium herring and for those 40lbs test with 6' leaders minimum. swivel on the end. Ive caught a lot of nice springs on herring and its all I use. just a preference.

In that area I fish deep 180' but the last few times i went out didnt do so well. I think some days they are around 100-120' and others 180'. Thrasher rock is known that you fish deep. Coho for sure run them a 40-70'.

Hey,
Herring aid flasher would be a good choice as well. Otherwise chartreuse followed by purple onion.

Small 3" spoons have been doing well in the area lately. But the one keeper chin we got tonight had a 6" squid in its stomach, so wouldn't be a bad idea to run a spoon one side and hootch on the other. At entrance i usually run deep 175-210 but start off shallower. Right on top of the reef.

It was
Small 3" spoons have been doing well in the area lately. But the one keeper chin we got tonight had a 6" squid in its stomach, so wouldn't be a bad idea to run a spoon one side and hootch on the other. At entrance i usually run deep 175-210 but start off shallower. Right on top of the reef.
It was pretty rough out, so we ended up fishing the cliffs by the entrance to Silva bay. We had a few fish on but they all got off. I was using a 3” loony spoon, white knight glow. Fishing about 180-200 with a chartreuse glow flasher. We had to pack it in when one of the guys started getting sick, can’t blame him it was really rough out there and didn’t seem to be letting up. I ended up dropping them off and going back out and fishing on the inside at yellow point, I got one 45cm chinook. Def not where I wanted to be but I was happy to land A fish today haha. Did well on the prawn traps today as well which is always a bonus. Heading back out there within the next couple days.

Highliner Lemon Lime flasher. Frog hootchie, green and yellow with a clear belly.
If not those try a Witch hootchie, or black/white spoons.

Back