Fishing Sooke Sat.

Tips Up

Anyone plan to hit the water on Sat?

I'll be at Otter tomorrow afternoon from 3 on.
VHF 68. Call out Tips up.

If the weather is decent I'll be out there in a blue aluminum, hopefully with a slab on the end of my line...

looks like I'm goin for sox at alberni tomorrow now so won't be seeing you on the water, good luck though!

I'll be there... we're going out early try and find the fish and then see ya at Otter on the afternoon flood... little 17 ft blue & white. I hear Muir Creek's been alright but everythin' else is pretty quiet

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Well I am sorry to report...No fish!

Fished from 3:30 till 7:30.

Otter was foggy on the web cam so we oppted for Beachy and the trap.

It was windy and that heavy flood brought on some good rollers and chop.

There were a few guys around but I did not see a fish caught. From the chatter on the radio it sounded like it had been a quiet day out there.

Off to Kamloops for some fly fishing on Wed through the long weekend.
Hope the fish are in when we return.

Check out bigwavedave.ca
Has Race Rocks, Sooke Harbour, Gordon Beach.

Save lots of gas and time not driving to Sooke.

Encouraging report, Bigfish6. Work's over for the summer for me in another week, then I'll come and help you out!
T2

Same story for me as well as Bigfish...

Started at Secretary at 7 am, very slow so we decided to troll to Otter on the late ebb, around 10 am halfway between Secretary & Otter all hell broke loose, Cohos everywhere!!! We were quickly running out of bait, so I swiched to a 4 inch party girl spoon and kept rockin'. By 12 noon we had 4 hatch in the boat and released about 20 wild ones....for two hours as soon as a line was down a fish was on...fun fun fun!!! The wild Cohos are bigger and the ratios were about 5 wild vs. 1 hatchery, we had a couple of 10 lb wilds tailwalk across the width of the boat...just spectacular. I would really recommend the spoon as they are so easy to release next to the boat don't have to touch the fish or pull it out of the water.

Trolled around Otter a few times and....nothing, so we decided to head back to where the Coho were, just trolled past the point and "wham" had a nice white spring, about 15 lbs. Fog started coming in so we called it a day around 1:30pm. I had my line at 53 ft all day and buddy had his anywhere from 63 to 80 and it didn't seem to matter they kept hittin'.

'Twas a great day!!

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Same thing this morning off Otter, lots and lots of cohos, 50-60' out by the tide. Two springs, not much in the way of size to brag about.

Tried Secretary until the tide began to flood then moved to Otter. Not much to show for it other than a coho and a pink for the bbq. It was my first time out this year so it felt good just to be fishing. Next time!
T2

Back