Fishing lodge ransacked

Clint r

Copied from castanets news service:

Jon Manchester - Jan 31 6:54 am
Thieves have ransacked a coastal B.C. fishing lodge while its owner is in palliative care with terminal cancer.

Family members say they're heartbroken after the remote Cordero Lodge was broken into, items stolen, and the whole place trashed.

The lodge is located near East Thurlow Island and is only accessible by boat.

"They've destroyed the landing, the dock, gangways, they kicked in doors," Ken Tanguay told CTV.

He said he can't bear to tell his dying father, Lorrie.

"We can't tell him. He'll be gone the moment he's told, I can see it. I just know it would gut him that much."

Sayward RCMP say the break-in happened between Jan. 19 and 29.

About $10,000 worth of equipment was stolen, including fishing gear, crab and prawn traps, generators, chainsaws, firearms and more.

"It's hard at this time that somebody would do something, especially when we have it up for sale and we have prospective buyers," said Tanguay. "This could affect the sale of this and destroy that, and this would leave my mother destitute and possibly bankrupt."

- with files from CTV Vancouver Island

assholes. steal what you think you need to steal, but dont wreck ****.

Caught that on the news last night..so sad... not sure what the world is coming too....:(

People in the area should keep their ears & eyes open Vancouver Island isn't that big a place and someone somewhere will say or do something.....

Back