Fishing licenses

Brett83

Hey, can I get a fishing license for my 2 year old and keep fish if she's on the boat? Even though there's no way she can reel them in?

We have one family and five licenses. It could be good. But they'll have to take shifts with me because I doubt they'll want to put the time in. 5 days in Bamfield starting tomorrow. Fish on

Reason #168 why fishing with kids is awesome! Put a 26lber on my 4 year old's license few years back, they were in the same height and weight class haha

My 6 year old daughter was grilled at the gold River boat ramp a bunch of years ago by fish cops asking her if she really caught the fish on her license. My daughter was so shy she would not talk to him and he wouldn’t take my word for it. I’m the end it was our friends behind us and a few pictures of her reeling in fish and holding fish at the cleaning table that stopped the questions. I was under the impression if they can’t reel the fish in they can’t record one. I’m sure I might be wrong but why did we get interrogated like we did that was quite a experience for a 6 year old

My 6 year old daughter was grilled at the gold River boat ramp a bunch of years ago by fish cops asking her if she really caught the fish on her license. My daughter was so shy she would not talk to him and he wouldn’t take my word for it. I’m the end it was our friends behind us and a few pictures of her reeling in fish and holding fish at the cleaning table that stopped the questions. I was under the impression if they can’t reel the fish in they can’t record one. I’m sure I might be wrong but why did we get interrogated like we did that was quite a experience for a 6 year old
This is absolute garbage by those officers.
Grilling a kid that has a valid licence and no reason to suspect she has breached any regulations is pure bullying.
Stop issuing licenses to kids under a certain age, if this is actually a problem.

I really hope your daughter's good memories and smiles catching that fish were not destroyed by idiots.

Nope there is no regulation that exists that says that. Kid has salmon stamp case closed. If the officer wants to push it in court would like to see it in front of a judge. Besides anyways we should be encouraging people to take their kids out.

I was yarding them in Grade 2 myself.

I used to have a friend in Nanaimo whose fat wife couldn't land a fish or even net one to save her life. He takes her out with the strict intention of "filling the freezer" and her fat face. All she does is drive. Those are the type of people who shouldn't have a fishing license. They feed half the fish to their fricken Mexican rescue dogs lol Disgraceful.
A good boat driver is critical I say. Part of the team effort.

I used to have a friend in Nanaimo whose fat wife couldn't land a fish or even net one to save her life. He takes her out with the strict intention of "filling the freezer" and her fat face. All she does is drive. Those are the type of people who shouldn't have a fishing license. They feed half the fish to their fricken Mexican rescue dogs lol Disgraceful.
Just about pissed my pants reading this one 😆

Back