Fishing between here and kamloops

JEFFMORIN

Good Day,

I am new to BC and looking to go to a resort with nice cabins and boat rentals somewhere between here and Kamloops. I want to bring the wife and kids, so i need a pretty nice place. Momma likes clean. LOL. I would like a place with good fishing and boat rentals. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Good Day,

I am new to BC and looking to go to a resort with nice cabins and boat rentals somewhere between here and Kamloops. I want to bring the wife and kids, so i need a pretty nice place. Momma likes clean. LOL. I would like a place with good fishing and boat rentals. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Hatheume Lake

Sorry Guys,

I am in Vancouver, I am wanting to find a decent lodge somewhere within three hours of Vancouver with the boat rentals, cabins and some decent fishing.

Loon Lake, Johnson Lake, Knouff Lake, Roche Lake, and Lac Le Jeune, are the ones I would look at.

My dad fished tunkwa for years before he passed , I've never had opportunity to try myself yet and I live in kelowna but I'd give it a shot I heard fishing is great.

Tunkwa has great fishing and is affordable but the cabins may be a little on the rustic side for what you are describing.

Roche is also a wonderful lake to fish and the accomadations are a little more upscale and may be more suited to family members who don't fish.

Hatheume has nice cabins also and can be really good fishing, if you hit it right. I think Hatheume is fly fishing only

If your budget can stand it...I'd go to Roche.

I guess you haven't been to Tunkwa in the last 5 years. They have several new cabins and they are much nicer than what is available at Roche. The fishing is better quality at Roche and area in my opinion though.

I guess you haven't been to Tunkwa in the last 5 years. They have several new cabins and they are much nicer than what is available at Roche. The fishing is better quality at Roche and area in my opinion though.

You're right, I have fished there but not stayed in a few years - nice to hear they upgraded a bit. I really do enjoy the lake and the owners of the resort were a pleasure to deal with, but the "old" cabins struck me as a little more suitable for a guys fishing trip. My wife doesn't fish much and she was not overly happy hanging around the cabin there.

As far as the fishing, they are both great lakes but I have gotten blown off Tunkwa many an afternoon and can't recall that happening as much on Roche.

Back