fishin truck

trading in my old 3/4 ton ford for a new mid sized 4x4 ... anyone own a newer ranger and know if they are descent on logging roads ... not sure what to buy, i want to be able to drive up to hardy for a weekend of fishin and not break the bank on gas

My rents have a 2001 nissan frontier with 350,000 km and still going with very little work done. Shes taken a ton of abuse. So happy with it that they recently bought a new one. Would recommend it for smaller midsized pickups.

Just bite the bullet YS :P

xvlts_big.jpg

Seriously though...... Any truck with IFS will grenade after a fair amount potholes. A pre 87 yota or jeep or along the lines with a solid front axel will fair the beating better. Unless your a good DIY guy it will cost a penny or many.
I don't really beat the Durango at all and I wouldn't recommend them (includes the dakota) It eats hubs and uppers almost as bad as she drinks the gas... Tows like a mother though..

In my perfect world I would have the ole beater for the remote missions and then the daily driver pavement princess...... in case it snows :D

I really like my Tacoma. My only other trucks have been cars, but I would buy another Taco in an instant, unless I owned a heavy boat.

I've owned Chev's, GM's, Fords, Nissans, and Toyotas. I enjoyed my Rangers, (had two), except on bad roads. By bad I mean Icy winter driving, not rough or off-road. They got okay milage for the time and were relatively reliable. Parts were affordable if something went wrong too. My Nissan and Toyota were both good trucks, but God help me if anything broke on them. $950 for a starter versus $150 for a Chevy. Over all I've had 7 Fords, 2 Nissans, 1 Toyota, and 14 GM/Chev Trucks either personally or through my companies. I still have my "96 Chev EXT. Cab 4x4. It has 485,000 km on it. 'Nough said.

Back