Favourite picture from 2021 salmon season

Adrenafin

Here's a picture of my friend Cindy with a decent high teens spring from stamp narrows in the alberni inlet. We had a great evening bite and all by ourselves out there. You can tell by her smile that a fun time was had. I look forward to seeing all of your pictures and good luck to those still lucky enough to be still fishing pacific chrome!
SHAYNE

Attachments

• 20210823_201158(0).jpg
    20210823_201158(0).jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 361
Two nice pictures you can almost feel their excitement.
Here’s my dad and son fighting a 25lb spring one generation passing on the to the next. First time in twenty five years of fishing the brain in Rupert I’ve been lucky enough to see it that calm.

Attachments

• C43F89B5-DD05-48FD-953B-C49FFFB30E25.jpeg
    C43F89B5-DD05-48FD-953B-C49FFFB30E25.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Thats a nice sized fish ide be happy with a 25. I've caught 2 of that size. Lost the first one its a big fish it was in the net hook comes out it was able to overpower my right arm which was extended with the net. It swam right out! Then 10 minutes later I landed a 24lbs. This was 2019 off vancouver

24lbs from 2019. Planning on getting out this weekend will take some pics.
nhVLvHQ.jpg

Not a salmon but my favorite pic of the fishing season. My kid chickened out on kissing his first Cabazon ... can't really blame him.
Those things are delicious. They have a really hard skull, caught one in the sound this year and when i went ro gaff it it bounced. Lol the next time was harder and i sunk it in good

I like these threads too so I'll bite.... Even though I'm sure I'll get flamed by posting a bloody fish picture on a fishing forum? :oops: The first picture was my son's first Tyee of 32lbs. Yes I know there is blood but it was a real heat of the moment picture. Great fight and an even better fish. Couldn't wipe the smile from his face all summer long after that. He is a champ on the rod now and a pretty good deck hand and co-captain. The second shot is from a fun morning with my parents. I don't get to do this with them as much as I would like but we always seem to boat some nice fish when we go out. My dad says my mom has always been the lucky one at fishing...

Attachments

• 32lbs.jpg
    32lbs.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 391
  • Folks.jpg
    Folks.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 381
I like these threads too so I'll bite.... Even though I'm sure I'll get flamed by posting a bloody fish picture on a fishing forum? :oops: The first picture was my son's first Tyee of 32lbs. Yes I know there is blood but it was a real heat of the moment picture. Great fight and an even better fish. Couldn't wipe the smile from his face all summer long after that. He is a champ on the rod now and a pretty good deck hand and co-captain. The second shot is from a fun morning with my parents. I don't get to do this with them as much as I would like but we always seem to boat some nice fish when we go out. My dad says my mom has always been the lucky one at fishing...
Nothing wrong with a little blood! Keep em coming boys!

Attachments

• 20210825_075143.jpg
    20210825_075143.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 206
Absolutely love it!!

This is why we fish. It's our own culture.

Here's a photo from last night that captures the tenor of my experiences this year in the Tyee Pool.
I'm in my boat checking the engine after putting it back on after it basically fell off, while my two rod-gals are on the beach.
Sigh......

BeachedCrewDisaster.jpg

Details elsewhere.

Take care.

Back