Favorite winter fishing setups!

Maxpri

I thought it might be fun to share some of our favourite winter fishing setups as that time is upon us! Tight lines!

not a news flash really but a chatruse lemon lime with a Bon chovy skinny g on a 4-5’ leader on one side to start. Green glow or black flasher with a 3” gut bomb pesca on the other

4” 602 tomic with the pin pulled , I run it on both sides . They will eat anything during winter it’s about fishing fast and getting your presentation in-front of them .
I run the same with a lemon lime flasher and a spoon above that. That's my top setup and then I run a short clipped double black glow with various things on bottom. I like the three rods when I'm searching but the single gets bounced.

My favourite setup is in the cab with the door close, heat on and watching the rods through the window. :p :p
Mine's close to that. I move a stool into the open cabin door, half in, half out [the boat steers better with my weight centred], turn on the Wallas stove\heater [just a foot inside the door], and keep a kettle on all day. Sometimes I put the lines in the water.

I don't know if this is my "favourite" but it certainly caught 70% of my winters in 2019/2020 winter season. Blue Hotspot with gold mylar and the needlefish Durabait in Orca Glow (cop car). It's tied up and ready to go this weekend!

Attachments

• 1635536062866.png
    1635536062866.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
I don't know if this is my "favourite" but it certainly caught 70% of my winters in 2019/2020 winter season. Blue Hotspot with gold mylar and the needlefish Durabait in Orca Glow (cop car). It's tied up and ready to go this weekend!
Where did you get the durabait

Green glow spatter back hoochie with green moonjelly krinkle lemon lime flasher.
That setup rarely comes off. Also like purple flashers and small silver gold ap or wee gee spoon when the bait gets tiny

Back