elk/beaver lakes

Lots of people on here will have great advice for you. It all depends on what kinds of fishing you want to do. If you are trolling, a gang troll and wedding band with a worm will always catch some fish. I have been doing well targeting slightly larger trout (up to 19" so far) using rapala lures in perch and rainbow trout pattern. this time of year it can be very tricky locating fish, try fishing about 40-60'from shore and get your lures down at least 7-10', the closer to the bottom the better when the water is this cold. Fly fishing can be very productive but I am not the one to be giving advice in that area. When the water warms up a bit, fishing near the surface at the end of the day has been good for me. troll with at least 100' of line out behind you, and go as slowly as you can. I find it is more about depth and speed than any place in particular. Good luck and post your results!

A small floating gold and black rapala fished off a fly rod and a #4 or #5 fast sink uniform sink line and short leader was deadly all year round. Any weight rod will do. You should row with an eratic sequence as a motor troll does not give it the most successful action. Make sure you also use the appropriate loop knot on the rapala.

some of my favourites:
this one is not a rapala but an xcalibur "fat free shad", goes a little deeper
images

^F09 rainbow^

^F07 Perch^

Back