ECVI salmon beach fishing reports

Islandson31

Anyone having luck coho fishing from the beaches? I tried the mouth of the Englishman two Sundays ago but no takers. Any word on the Nile or Little Q?

Anyone having luck coho fishing from the beaches? I tried the mouth of the Englishman two Sundays ago but no takers. Any word on the Nile or Little Q?
In my opinion, you are a few weeks late for the coho. Haven't heard of any in the Englishman. maybe chum about now. All the river should be at the very tail end now for coho. Usually mid-September till about mid-October for latecomers.

In my opinion, you are a few weeks late for the coho. Haven't heard of any in the Englishman. maybe chum about now. All the river should be at the very tail end now for coho. Usually mid-September till about mid-October for latecomers.
There were fish caught from the beaches over the weekend. The rain probably pushed many of them up the rivers, though. River coho season can carry on well into November in some systems.

There were fish caught from the beaches over the weekend. The rain probably pushed many of them up the rivers, though. River coho season can carry on well into November in some systems.
Guys are still catching coho in front of my place at Black creek. Coho started up Black Creek to the fence 5 days ago-counters tell me they will count until Nov 11th

Thanks guys. I wanted to catch one or two from the beach in front of the Nile or Little Q before they went up river. Time seems to have flown by this month unfortunately.

Have you noticed they havent been jumping like they usually do?
I saw one school. I saw one caught. And thats it for the year.
No jumpers.
I saw no jumpers that I remember. I saw some rising and could see the wake of schools swimming close to shore. So…. The fish were there, they just weren’t in the biting mood. I saw a lot of fishers catching nothing so you’re not alone, bud.

I saw no jumpers that I remember. I saw some rising and could see the wake of schools swimming close to shore. So…. The fish were there, they just weren’t in the biting mood. I saw a lot of fishers catching nothing so you’re not alone, bud.
Funny you guys were talking about jumpers-I live right on the water at a good shore fishing spot-there doesn't seem to be as many jumpers as usual but the fishermen seemed to do as well as other years. Checked the counting fence yesterday-lots of fish coming in-started about 10 days ago with the first big rains. Wonder if( just a thought} because jumpers are targeted all the time if the strain that likes to jump is fished harder; caught more, gets to spawn less and so jumpers gradually decrease.. A thought for a Sunday morning---they all moved away!!! Lots of rolling eyes!! LOL

Sea lions are eating chum off the beach in Bowser. Had a couple small schools of coho chase my lures on Friday but none would commit.

After the first rain in September, the fish out Renfrew way weren't showing much either, though they were still caught. In my experience, the weather needs to be dry for a little bit before the fish resume actively showing in numbers. It likely has to do with how long they stage.

Back