Durrance Lake

• Thread starter Thread starter Tuffcity
  • Start date Start date
T

Tuffcity

If the weather co-ops this weekend I might take the youngest and try Durrance. Worthwhile this time of year? Any suggestions on gear? He's a spinning rod lad while I prefer the fly. Will be fishing from a canoe.

thanks!

RC

yeah I would give durrance a try, drove past there a few time in the last week and there usually someone there fishing it

Should be good right now. 1000 catchables are slated for stocking there this Fall, might be done now. If so, lots of action which is good for kids.

Fly on a spinning rod works well while trolling if the fish are rising. No weight required if using light mono like 4 or 6lb test. let out about 90 feet of line.

If stationary, fish rising, bobber and worm is good there for the little tykes.

No fish rising? Worm on the bottom can work well.

Good luck.

Durrance was stocked the week of Oct 5th.

Beauty catchables in great shape were stocked and should be feeding well right now.
Good luck!

I love durance, great little lake to fish. I always start with a leech pattern, black's the money ticket. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up. Try the gulp leeches and a #6 hook for the spinning rod. A small flasher/gang troll. A little trick for the gulp leeches is to run a WD40 straw head to tail and run your line through.

quote:A little trick for the gulp leeches is to run a WD40 straw head to tail and run your line through.

Are you saying to run the WD-40 straw all the way inside the Gulp Leech to the other end so you can run the line through it then remove the straw and tie on the hook onto the line then pull the leech down over the hook so only the point is exposed.... Thats a great idea..... thanks constantsguy

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

Back