Drifter Tackle Predator Series™ Lightweight Nets

MiddlepointBight

anyone used one of these for the salt? wondering if they'll rust away to **** in no time (or not)

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/75555/drifter-tackle-predator-series-lightweight-nets

coated netting, so OK for C&R (although, yes, gaff release optimal)

i like the large hoop size (36″ x 34″‘ and 40″ deep), and the 48″ silver handle (i don't need a 6' handle, too long for my needs).

yes, i have tried the gibbs C&R nets, but looking to switch it up.

Attachments

• DrifterLightweight.JPG
    DrifterLightweight.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I just bought the 6ft Scotty net from Highwater in North Van. It's by far the nicest net I've personally seen in terms of the feel of the fittings and shaft. It's always important to have a nice shaft LOL!!! The net is not coated, but it is very soft to the touch and the fibers are thin and flat. Much nicer than the old knotted net I bought from Berry's years ago.

I was thinking about checking out the Gibbs nets at PNT but it wasn't convenient for me to get out there. I was happy to give the business to Highwater which is local to me.

Nice - I was looking at their website last night, they look like nice nets for sure. I take it you have the coated 3244? Where did you pick yours up?

Highwater in North Van.. if you like it and phone the order in I'm running up tomorrow afternoon to the coast and could throw it in the boat for ya I'd have to confirm which exact model I have but its huge and works great.

Highwater in North Van.. if you like it and phone the order in I'm running up tomorrow afternoon to the coast and could throw it in the boat for ya I'd have to confirm which exact model I have but its huge and works great.

I bought a new Cabelas Pro Series net last year, the one with the green handle. It appears to be made by Frabill. When I went to land my first salmon this year it went straight through a hole in the net. It appears as though the net deteriorated over winter storage. I just checked their website and I do not see the same model I purchased. The hoop measures approx. 36" x 30". I ordered a new net bag from Beckman. Hope it fits.

The net you are looking at looks like a higher quality one. Mine was around $100. I guess you do get what you pay for.

Thanks a lot for the offer - much appreciated. I have to dart into the city this week, so will just pop in and have a look-see! In all likelihood, will walk out with unneeded new spoons and flashers also :D

Back