Downrigger problem

Breakin"even

Crew Member
Line broke on my Scotty 2106 downrigger and wound up under spool today. I took it apart and cleared the line. When I put everything back I found 3 small squares. Not sure where they go, I tried it without them and it worked. But there.was a new clicking type noise. Anyone know where they go?1000000236.jpg

Pretty sure those would be brake pads, I could be wrong.
They do look like break pad material, I will have to look for a video on break pads. Just watched a video and I know where the break pads go. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Those are the brake pads. The spring is to create tension on the brake. Brake tension is set by the lower of the two top nuts.
The video seems to cover everything. Make sure you set the tension for the size of cannonball that you run on that side. Good luck

Line broke on my Scotty 2106 downrigger and wound up under spool today. I took it apart and cleared the line. When I put everything back I found 3 small squares. Not sure where they go, I tried it without them and it worked. But there.was a new clicking type noise. Anyone know where they go?View attachment 107891Those are definitely the brake pads and must be installed for proper use

Back