Don't Ruin Your Fishing Trip and Save $$$$$

MyEscape

Where I work in Campbell River I deal with people everyday with broken down trailers. We are located right where you go North to Upper Island locations or West to Gold River (Nootka Sound).

My advice for everyone if you are trailering anywhere carry 2 X extra bearing kits for your trailer, a grease gun and extra grease, 1 extra bearing buddy, spare tire for trailer and good selection of tools as well the knowledge on how to change trailer bearings. This could save you hundreds of dollars or more plus the serious inconvienence of being stuck out in the middle of nowhere and having to spend hours driving to the closest town that may or may not have your bearing sizes in stock.

When people come in to the store almost everyday with trailer problems there common response is "It's never happened to me before"

For $60.00 what a great insurance policy if you ask me.

Remeber just because you recently changed them doesn't mean you will never have a problem with your bearings

Check Out This Information. Great how to info!

http://www.wisnersinc.com/Fishing Info/Boat Trailer_brakes.htm

Cheers ME

Kevin, when you posted this I thought...great advise....(my wife (super nurse) never carries a first aid kit as she thinks it just invites disaster) and me being the oposite...carry everything.
Trailering for the last 30 years and have never had a bearing problem.
I guess my time was up...blew one going past your shop yesterday.
And if I can plug a great bunch of guys, pulled the rig into Parker Marine in C.R. at seven A.M., changed trailers, and was only two hours late taking clients out.
By the time I returned in the afternoon, my trailer was fixed (wrecked everything including the spindle) and we swapped trailers.
Really lucky I wasn't half way to Nootka!
And the cause.......moi....over filling of the bearing buddies...blew the back seal....lesson learned..

Back