Do you have FIDS :)

So true. I've long recognized the concept I call "bro science". But FIDS works too.

"Bro, this xyz plug/spoon/hoochie outfishes everything else around here. I catch all my fish on this one."

"Do you try other lures?"

"Why would I? The xyz catches all my fish!"

"But if that's all you use, then... Never mind."

Its pretty true for the most part... I find myself going down that rabbit hole at times and have to remeind myself to be open to other things... there have been times where I have to shake my head and go why didnt I try that before :)

Hahahah ED.. so many people actually do have FIDS :) :)

Last edited:
haha reminders me of this last spring in port hardy.

out fishing and a guide is just nailing fish every pass loads his guests up with 8 fish and takes offs. was putting on a real clinic out there while other boats and also other guide boats catching hardly anything. we get a couple for a whole day of grinding. I see him back at the dock and talk to him a bit i hate asking what guys are using so I don't ask him, so i just congratulate him on nailing the fish. he says "yeah sometimes i get lucky and they just seem to follow me around".

The next day we are out again use the same gear and the same tack, he is also out with a different set of guests. We have non stop action pulling in fish and he's doing the same tack as us and catching nothing.

maybe he was right maybe they are down there in a wolf pack some days following your gear around. lol or maybe he was just having a laugh with me.

Back