Divers Lake - Large Rainbow Trout

Logitek

Just hauled this guy out of the water tonight at Divers Lake.

As soon as it started running I knew I had something large on but I didn't think fish this large were in this lake. Came out to be just under 26 inches long measured from head to tail. Caught him using Chartreuse Extra Scent power bait.

Everybody on the pier was shocked when the fish broke the water and finally became within netting range. Is anybody aware of any other large rainbows being pulled out of here?

2h81yyh.jpg

Haven't eaten him yet as it was just yesterday afternoon and dinner was already preparing in a slow cooker. Sushi tonight and then I'll cook this guy up tomorrow.

Hopefully tastes fine as the lake isn't the cleanest in my opinion but I've eaten the pan fries before. I would have thrown him back in but the hook was very deep inside and I knew I couldn't have retrieved it without damaging the fish itself.

Haven't eaten him yet as it was just yesterday afternoon and dinner was already preparing in a slow cooker. Sushi tonight and then I'll cook this guy up tomorrow.

Hopefully tastes fine as the lake isn't the cleanest in my opinion but I've eaten the pan fries before. I would have thrown him back in but the hook was very deep inside and I knew I couldn't have retrieved it without damaging the fish itself.
Cut the leader ... simple

Back