Demand for Center Consoles

elnino54

How much demand is there for center consoles on the Island? I'm thinking about selling my Pursuit 2470 CC this spring.

None that i know of.

Lorne

Althought selling a Pursuit might change someones mind. THe greatest fisherman comox valley has ever seen has a similar boat.

Not much for larger glass CC just due to the conditions over here.... I have two friends that own pursuit CC and i warned them the resale will likely be tough. Still decent demand for smaller aluminum CC's.

There is someone out there for every good boat. I sold my CC earlier this year on the Island in 4 weeks. I loved the boat and never would have sold except my better half insisted on me getting something bigger. Pursuit's are premium boats.

llevelo a Costa Rica, it's a perfct place for an open boat

ya to be honest center consoles aren't very comfortable for fishing the west coast. They're great for actual fishing, especially anchored up for halibut but they're just too damn cold - even off sooke we don't get many really warm days, so its nice to have somewhere to hide from the wind.

Ya, but, when you've got on a 30 lb fish and he's going nuts, you can run all over the fricking boat. I luv em myself, but, will agree you've gotta dress...

I am not a fan of center consoles however I own a 25' Pursuit and am a fan of Pursuits. I agree with Poppa; center consoles are too cold with no place to get away from a cold wind.

Creative canvas work could draw the attention of a wet coaster with a little investment. I like the 3 sided drop curtains and the half dome up on the bow.

SportCraft_Canvas.jpg

29Angler001.jpg

llevelo a Costa Rica, it's a perfct place for an open boat

That was the original plan for the boat, and it just might happen very soon. The problem is that I have an opportunity at something else that's already there. Just over 30' with twin diesels............

more details of boat

2003 Pursuit 2470 cc

2003 225 Yamaha 4 stroke (<340 hrs)
2004 8hp 4 stroke hi thrust kicker with power tilt and TR-1 Gold Auto Pilot
Furuno GP-1850WF C-Map NT Chartplotter/GPS/Sounder
Furuno 1715 radar
Simpson-Lawrence Horizon 600 Freefall windlass
Electric head/holding tank/overboard discharge
Scotty Downrigger Bases
Plugins for electric downriggers
Rupp Top Gun Outriggers
ICOM - M402S VHF radio with DCS